• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Warranty card, roadside service, new owners package?

jaherbst

Jack Herbst
I purchased a new 2009 F650GS twin on Dec 10th 2008 from Victory M/C in Chandler, Arizona.:banghead I have yet to hear from BMW. I have not received my warranty card, my road service card, or my new owners kit. It has been over three months now. I have called the dealer several times and talked to the store manager about this. I have also called BMWNA four times and still have not one piece of evidence that I even have purchased the bike. The dealer claims he talked to the rep two weeks ago and still nothing. I haven't recieved even a card or letter?????

I did the 600 mile service at Ironhorse on the tenth and we discovered that even the owners manual was blank. ie the front cover had non of the information the dealer is supposed to fill in and the delivery service had not been stamped or filled out?????

Victory manager still claims I will recieve all and that "I must have slipped between the cracks". Funny thing is that is what BMWNA is saying also. (four times)

This is unbeleivable! Anyone have any suggestions? Is their anything else I can do?

You should have the roadside info by now, there is no warranty card. You should make your dealer fill out the book.

BTW, any BMW dealer inputting your vin # into the system will bring up your name, address, and bike info as well as any warranty information.

In March 07 when I bought an F800S from BMW Scottsdale, it was 4-5 months before I received the roadside assistance card, and the welcome kit. Then, it came. There is a special phone number for that NA should provide you. Call them again and ask for it.

Thanks for the reminder for the roadside assistance cards for my '09 F800GS. My experience from my '07 R1200R bike was that I had to telephone Roadside Assistance to receive the convenient key tags and card that have the member number and toll-free number imprinted on them. I believe something else came with them, too. I will call again to see if I can run the two three-year periods consecutively! (Don't hold your breath.) :)

The box of goodies in the leatherette box for new owners came as a complete surprise from my '07 purchase, but I had to request it online for the '09.

Fred

Interesting thread....I've had my new bike for 2 months now and haven't received anything at all either. I don't even have the phone number for roadside assistance, which I have been wondering about. Who do I need to call or email to find out about this? Is it just going to take some time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Interesting thread....I've had my new bike for 2 months now and haven't received anything at all either. I don't even have the phone number for roadside assistance, which I have been wondering about. Who do I need to call or email to find out about this? Is it just going to take some time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Try calling 1-800-366-4924 x.381. It took four months after purchase along with four calls to BMWNA, five calls to the dealer and two to the distric rep??????? Go fiqure.

Jack

Me too. It was at least 3 or 4 months after purchasing the RT before I got the package. There was some cool stuff in there though. I don't know why it takes so long, but it's fun to get whenever it arrives.

New Owner package

I purchased my BMW (2009 F650GS) Sept 23 2008, on Sept 29 I received a letter from BMWNA with instructions on "how to claim" my "New Owner Kit". Bottom line there was "invitation code" and instructions to go to the BMW XPLOR website (bmwxplor.com) and verify my contact information, and the letter went on to say after I have verified myself I send an email to bmwnewownerkit@zagwear.com with my existing user name and code (as given in letter I received from BMWNA).
I received my new owner kit Jan 2009. Good luck.

Back