• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Twisties

It was probably the blue sky/sea that confused Darryl. Most every time I've been on the road it's been wet and gray. But once in a while it's nice.... this shot was heading north on the lost coast, before the road turns inland and climbs toward Ferndale. Yeah, not much traffic.

p-20110806-1354-3012-XL.jpg

Thank you!
That photo was taken on Mattole Rd near Ferndale, CA. Rough pavement but stunning views and very little traffic. :)

Very nice! The center line fooled me then; a lot of Mattole Rd. doesn't have one! For that matter, a lot of Mattole Rd. doesn't look that smooth.

(If you are ever in the LA area, take Mulholland Hwy to Yerba Buena to Deer Creek for a similar experience!)

The view from Dead Indian Pass:

East side of Cottonwood Pass:

20 Mile Rd outside of Steamboat:

The Altitudes at Miller Motorsport Park, WSBK in 2008:

128 Along The Colorado, heading into Moab:

WSBK at PPIR

WVA sweet 16

My brother, and a couple of buddies rode Sweet 16 from St. Mary's up on the Ohio River, all the way thru WVA and to Volney, VA. It was one sweet, twisty ride!

100_1559-S.jpg

100_1558-S.jpg

Serra do Rio do Rastro

Here are some real twisties. This is the Serra do Rio do Rastro in south-eastern Brazil. It was cut from a near-vertical cliff face. Turns toward the top are both steep and tight. (Provided I've actually gotten it posted!!)

SraRioRastro.jpg

Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia - heading down toward Cheticamp on one of the straighter sections. ;-)
A trip our club does every fall (late September to early October).
Road into Cheticamp NS.jpg

Back