• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Minnesota Tech Day

I would love to own an Airhead someday. Presently I ride a 98 R1100GS and 2000 K1200LT. Wife rides an 05 F650 CS. So I am trying to maintain and learn 3 different engine formats, but when I retire would love to get into some Airheads.

Thanks for the welcome and I will RSVP if it works out for me...

Todd

tech day

There is a possibility of a second tech day in June. I will post details when they are available.
Steve:wave

Man, I would love to attend! I have a new-to-me '56 R60, and I need to learn basics like how to clean and adjust the carbs, and how to change the oil. For that matter, I need to know what needs to maintaining, and how to check it. I also desperately need new rubber (the tires on the old girl are 30+ years old and showing their age), so help with a tire change would be awesome.

Unfortunately, I have two problems. First, I set off yesterday to ride up the local market, and the Beemer stalled just outside my driveway. I restarted right away (don't know why she stalled), but then couldn't get the bike to move. Clutch feels fine, and it feels like she is changing gears when I move the shift lever (neutral light comes on and goes out at the right time, too), but when I let the clutch out -- nothing. Thus, if I can attend, it will be sans bike, or with a bike on a trailer that needs some major surgery. Sigh.

The other problem is that the in-laws are in town. Pops is the prior owner of the bike, though, so he may actually be interested in joining me for the tech day. I'll let y'all know shortly if I/we will be there.

Thanks for the messages, folks. My father-in-law and I are going to pull the rear wheel and driveshaft at my house on Saturday. If we get it fixed early, we'll try and head over to the tech day. Or if we get stumped and give up, we may be over sans bike. Either way, have fun and I hope to see you there.

Back