• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Renewing to this camping thing

tkbaker4

Love this RT!
Ultimately, I want to throw a bag on the bike when I want to camp.
I have BMW waterproof bag that has the capacity to do that.
In the bag goes the Tent, Footprint, Sleeping Bag, air mattress, Jet boil & supplies.
Not a problem leaving from home, but...
I think I need a way to keep the Damp (tent,footprint) from the Dry (sleeping bag, mattress, jet boil & supplies). I'm a coffee drinker, gotta have it first thing....
Is there a recommendation from all of you out there on how to put together a kit or separator that can stay in one bag on the road, night after night, and then be cleaned, dried, and stowed until the next excursion?
I apologize if this remedy is in another thread that I've missed while searching.
Ultimately, I want everything related to camping to go in one bag that I can just throw on the bike, cinch down, and then go. How to do that as the days progress while being on the road is the issue. I understand the issues with long term storage before we throw it back on the bike, cinch it down, and go again.
How do I keep dry/dry and wet/separate on the road?
:dunno

I use 2 external bags with one of the external bags holding internal bags, e.g. the tent, chair, tarp, and walking stick/monopod are in their own bags, all stuffed in large H2W bag. You could do something similar. Put your sleeping bag in a thin drybag (sea to summit makes some that are very thin) and then stuff that into your one bag with the wet stuff. Only the outside of the drybag would get wet.

I use one large Helen bag for both. I pack a plastic garbage bag for the return trip to seperate the wet and dry. It has worked well for me so far, but I may look at a two bag set up soon. I am anticipating more two up riding and a need to take more stuff.

I liked the H2W concept (separate wet and dry) so well I bought the bags. In your situation just keep your dry stuff in your existing dry bag & get another non waterproof bag for the tent. The only increased volume will be the bag for the tent as you will only be dividing the existing load.

If the rolled up tent, poles and groundcloth (I don't use one) get wet enroute.. so what? the tent is rolled or stuffed anyway.

Back