• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Folding Trailer

Kendon Trailer

You may want to check out the K1200LT.Net Forum on the Kendon trailer. Use the search feature and key in "Kendon". I think the picture, along with the report will enlighten you on a possible major concern. The picture shows how the tongue failed. I do not own a Kendon so I am not in a position to give specific feedback good or bad. But thought you would want to look at every possible concern before you spend your money. There are always two sides to every story so I do not know if the trailer in this picture was over weight. Just trying to give you information I would want to know

Attachments

• kendon_failure_133[1].jpg
    kendon_failure_133[1].jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Yikes - I wouldn't want to be the person who owned that trailer! OK - I've decided to not stress to get a trailer prior to my vaca. I'm a newbie and would rather NOT hone my skills in the company of tourists who don't know where they're going. So my bike will hang out in my 2-bike trailer which is WAY too big for my drive & which I plan to sell. BTW, I'm leaning towards the "Trailer in a Bag" (thanks Jody!) since my trailing will be super minimal.

Wow, that picture brings back memoriesnone of them good. I have a friend in Huntsville, AL who had bought a Vulcan from a man in Virginia and asked me if I would ride along one weekend to go get it. He rented an enclosed U-Haul trailer and ramps from the local U-Haul and had them install a draw-bar and hitch on his Highlander. When he arrived in Atlanta I didnt even bother to check the rig since it was professionally installed. We got caught in bumper-to-bumper traffic north of the city due to construction. Stop and go, stop and go.for over and hour and a half. Finally we broke free of traffic. About 30 miles later the trailer broke free of us! Suddenly we are fishtailing around and producing this sickening sound from the rear of the vehicle. Good news is that the safety chains held, it was late at night (so little traffic) and no one got side swiped and we didnt turn over. Bad news is its the middle of the night, were in the tall grass median off I-85 somewhere in north Georgia and the rear end of the Highlander is destroyed. So much for professional installation! Taught me you always have to check and re-check. They had not put a lock washer on the hitch ball and, with all the stop and go, it had shed the nut. A few cell phone calls and a few hours later, roadside assistance arrived and got us back up and running. In the end, we got the bike and he got a lot of new body work on the truck. I learned a new lesson on trailers.

Re: Kendon Trailer

roadrider said:
You may want to check out the K1200LT.Net Forum on the Kendon trailer. Use the search feature and key in "Kendon". I think the picture, along with the report will enlighten you on a possible major concern. The picture shows how the tongue failed. I do not own a Kendon so I am not in a position to give specific feedback good or bad. But thought you would want to look at every possible concern before you spend your money. There are always two sides to every story so I do not know if the trailer in this picture was over weight. Just trying to give you information I would want to know

I wonder if that trailer was rated for that much weight? Those are two very heavy bikes.

Either way, looks like the safety chains held and the bikes were undamaged. Scarey though!

Jim:brow

That looks like one snazzy trailer, for sure. Are you gonna buy one? :) It is pretty spendy although it can be used for lots of things.

Nah ... I probably won't by it. Got too many other necessities to pay for! Plus my trailer needs to hide away in my shed ... which I still have to build. Busy, busy busy!

Kendon user report

I have the Kendon single bike trailer. Just came back from towing it 500 miles behind the motorhome, and I was impressed with how smoothly the bike rode. The torsion bar suspension of the trailer works really well. My only criiticism is that the trailer seems to ride pretty low to the ground. But it's nice to fold it nearly in half and stand it upright in the shed, taking very little storage room.

Back