• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttlemeister

Rickybrandt

I plan on purchasing a Throttlemeister lock for my '03 RT. Anyone using one? How do you like it? Should I buy the standard or heavy?

I plan on purchasing a Throttlemeister lock for my '03 RT. Anyone using one? How do you like it? Should I buy the standard or heavy?

I do not use the one on my '04-RT as much as I use to. I have installed a set of throttle rockers,left and right side, (wrist rest), from Bob's BMW, and do not get as fatigued as before. Still I think its a good to have a Throttlemeister for longer trips. Just use caution when the heated grips are on as the heat can expant the grip and make it hard to gas off in an emergency.

They're great!

I have Throttlemeisters on my R1150R and a Duc ST3S and really love them. They work great and look sharp.

Thanks

Good to know about the heated grips. . .makes sense. Dunncad - are you using standard or heavy weight?

I have Throttle Meisters on a Honda ST1100. They are great.

Heavy or Light? The heavy ones will cancel out more vibrations and give more area to grab when you turn them on or off.

There is quite a range of rotation for on/off. Heated grips just install an extra washer to move the throttle stop out farther and all you will have to do is roll the weight farther down.

Ralph Sims

I have the standard ones on my bike. GREAT!!:thumb :thumb
They are a real comfort item on any long trip.
Just follow the instructions when installing them and the heat induced expansion issue won't be one.
Hot grips just change the point where the throttle is held open. You'd really have to go astray on the install to have them be so stiff the throttle couldn't be closed, especially with the adrenaline that would then be present. Anyway, a prudent person would check that adjustment before heading out on the road.

I have the heavy ones on my '07 F650GS. It's great for the open highway. They sell them for heated and unheated grips, never been a problem with my heated grips.

I have two sets of Heavy Throttlemeisters (one on the BMW one on the Honda) both work great. I like them better than the WristRest. Not only does the weight help cancel some of the vibrations it seems to make it easier to keep the bike going straight.

I also like the ability to take the hands off the bars and shake them out to get circulation and changes in position.

I have 'em on my '02 RTP. I've never used them to lock the throttle, but I do think they provide excellent vibration canceling properties.

Someday I'll have a chance to get out on some seriously open and traffic-free roads and will use them for their intended purpose, but with my riding primarily rush hour commuting, locking the throttle is the last thing on my mind.

I'm not sure if mine is the standard or heavy . It came with the bike that I bought used. On a recent 13 hour ride (Florida to Maryland) I used it extensively and it was fantastic. It's a great way to alleviate the dreaded "petrified grip" syndrome.

Back