Thread: Throttlemeister

RT Rocks!

Throttlemeister

I plan on purchasing a Throttlemeister lock for my '03 RT. Anyone using one? How do you like it? Should I buy the standard or heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazerbarb View Post
    I plan on purchasing a Throttlemeister lock for my '03 RT. Anyone using one? How do you like it? Should I buy the standard or heavy?
    I do not use the one on my '04-RT as much as I use to. I have installed a set of throttle rockers,left and right side, (wrist rest), from Bob's BMW, and do not get as fatigued as before. Still I think its a good to have a Throttlemeister for longer trips. Just use caution when the heated grips are on as the heat can expant the grip and make it hard to gas off in an emergency.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Thumbs up They're great!

I have Throttlemeisters on my R1150R and a Duc ST3S and really love them. They work great and look sharp.

RT Rocks!

Thanks

Good to know about the heated grips. . .makes sense. Dunncad - are you using standard or heavy weight?

BUDDINGGEEZER
    I have Throttle Meisters on a Honda ST1100. They are great.

Heavy or Light? The heavy ones will cancel out more vibrations and give more area to grab when you turn them on or off.

There is quite a range of rotation for on/off. Heated grips just install an extra washer to move the throttle stop out farther and all you will have to do is roll the weight farther down.

Ralph Sims

I have the standard ones on my bike. GREAT!!
    They are a real comfort item on any long trip.
    Just follow the instructions when installing them and the heat induced expansion issue won't be one.
    Hot grips just change the point where the throttle is held open. You'd really have to go astray on the install to have them be so stiff the throttle couldn't be closed, especially with the adrenaline that would then be present. Anyway, a prudent person would check that adjustment before heading out on the road.
    '04 Silver R1150RT "Big Oel"
    '08 Suzuki DL650 "Screaming Yellow Zonker"
    "I just want somewhere to ride and food when I get there."

I have the heavy ones on my '07 F650GS. It's great for the open highway. They sell them for heated and unheated grips, never been a problem with my heated grips.

mitchell0481
    I have a set on my 04 R1100S, I love them

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I have two sets of Heavy Throttlemeisters (one on the BMW one on the Honda) both work great. I like them better than the WristRest. Not only does the weight help cancel some of the vibrations it seems to make it easier to keep the bike going straight.

I also like the ability to take the hands off the bars and shake them out to get circulation and changes in position.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    I have 'em on my '02 RTP. I've never used them to lock the throttle, but I do think they provide excellent vibration canceling properties.

Someday I'll have a chance to get out on some seriously open and traffic-free roads and will use them for their intended purpose, but with my riding primarily rush hour commuting, locking the throttle is the last thing on my mind.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

RT Rocks!
    Thanks, all. Looks like I'll order a set of heavies!

jeremell
    Here's another thread: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....hrottlemeister

I had Throttlemeister on my R100RS, and I have them on my 02 R1150R. I actually don't use them often but when I need them on long trips, they work great!

RT Rocks!
    Intersting reading, thanks. Has anyone heard of the Audiovox Cruise Control? Do they work on Beemers?

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-CCS10...4783378&sr=1-1

pjamesb80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazerbarb View Post
    I'm not sure if mine is the standard or heavy . It came with the bike that I bought used. On a recent 13 hour ride (Florida to Maryland) I used it extensively and it was fantastic. It's a great way to alleviate the dreaded "petrified grip" syndrome.