• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Weather Radio

BRADFORDBENN

Slowpoke & Proud of It!
I am looking for a better solution for Weather Radio Alerts. I have a simple one that requires the user to change the station covering the area manually.

I want to find a solution that will automatically tune to the appropriatte station for the area I am riding in, and be able to receive alerts.

Any solutions?

i think ive seen them out there that remain mostly off, but scan for alerts. when an alert is there (im assuming there is a protocol and some initial identifier or something) the thing starts squawking. so im guessing those dont know where they are, they just scan the frequency band for the alerts. i might be completely wrong.

i'll look around and see what i find.

[edit] im just adding to this post...

um, brad, do you have google in indiana? :bliss

i found this.

it has the option to tell it where you are, so that you dont get alerts for other places. that makes me think that if you dont tell it where you are, it'll give you whatever alerts it can pick up.

Yup I googled and amazon'ed and could not find out if it monitors all 7 stations or not. That is the hard part. Typically SAME only listens to the one you are tuned to.

Weather Radio...and more

I've been considering the new J&M Corp JMCB-2003 ÔÇö the world's first, all-in-one, handlebar-mounted, motorcycle audio system! Not only is it a full-featured CB, it has NOAA Weather channels, Intercom and input for your favorite CD Player, Sat Radio, Nav etc.

It answers a lot of questions. Check out their webpage at www.jmcorp.com

Attachments

• cbaudio_d.jpg
    cbaudio_d.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 381
Hmmm. Maybe I should do likewise. I've got a cheep Jensen unit that is about four years old. It hums when it's in silent mode, and alerts for no apparent reason. It's usually unplugged becuase of those annoyances.

Back