• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I want to bring my son to the Rally.

SGTBORING

My wife and I are making plans for the Rally and we want to bring my 1 year old son. My wife will bring him in the car and I will ride. I have never been the "big" rally. We thought about camping, but decided to stay in a hotel. Is anyone else bringing thier kids?

There will be probably 100 or so kids ranging in age. Frankly there will not be many as young as 1 year old, but there is no reason you can't bring him. If you are planning to stay off site and have a car available for transportation back and forth, I see no reason not to attend.
Since you have never attended a national rally, I am betting you will really like it and any trouble will be worth it. In fact, I am betting pretty much everything! ;)

I hope it works out for you, we would sure be glad to have you there...all three of you!

Yes you should bring your son. He will fit right in because I'll bet he won't be the only one there wearing diapers.

:hide

and Ridealot "Yes you should bring your son. He will fit right in because I'll bet he won't be the only one there wearing diapers.
"

dang that was funny but likely true..... if truth be known. I suspect that at one year he will be the youngest attendee. Too bad he can't somehow ride onto the fairgrounds and be the youngest passenger as well. (I know....I know, very unsafe move but ... just a thought). - Bob

Let's see, disposable undies, drinks straight from the bottle and cries when things don't go his way................yep, he'll fit right in! :D

Yes you should bring your son. He will fit right in because I'll bet he won't be the only one there wearing diapers.

But to know if he will really fit in, we first need to know what he thinks of the Anonymous book cover.

:hide

Bring the kid and everyone will have fun. Your wife and/or you can take him to Bays Mountain and Warriors Path State Park. The boy will love the playgrounds at both and the animals at Bays Mountain. They are near Kingsport which is only 10-15 miles from the Rally. My grandchildren live nearby and love both places .

Bring the kid and everyone will have fun. Your wife and/or you can take him to Bays Mountain and Warriors Path State Park. The boy will love the playgrounds at both and the animals at Bays Mountain. They are near Kingsport which is only 10-15 miles from the Rally. My grandchildren live nearby and love both places .

At 1 year of age, I am not sure how much he will get out of a playground.
If you do Sgt, it will make it easier to spot you.
I'll be watching.
:wave
I would also make sure there is a cool place to take him, it could be hot.
My brother almost succumbed to heat at Lima.

Last edited:
If I recall a 1 year old won't really care if there are other kids at the rally. However his folks will have plenty of other parents that will cooing over their son! ;)

Let's see, disposable undies, drinks straight from the bottle and cries when things don't go his way................yep, he'll fit right in! :D

hilarious!

And yes, if he does not have a full head of hair, he'll fit in even better.

At 1 year of age, I am not sure how much he will get out of a playground.
If you do Sgt, it will make it easier to spot you.
I'll be watching.
:wave
I would also make sure there is a cool place to take him, it could be hot.
My brother almost succumbed to heat at Lima.

There are a lot of things for small children at both Warrior's Path and Bays Mountain. They were both funded by or done by Eastman Chemical in Kingsport. Warrior's Path is right on the lake so it is almost always cool and Bays Mountain has animals and a lot of other things. My one year old granddaughter loved to go there when she was one and they still go there several times a month (almost 3 now).

By all means bring him. My son Sam attended Lake Placid in 1983 at 5 months old. We camped, his mom parked the cage in the 4 wheel parking area. He rode around in a stroller with a BMW sticker on it. He attended many rallys when he was a kid. This year he is riding to TN with me on his 1986 K75. :dance Start the training young and enjoy every moment, they grow to fast.

Kids..Not new here:)

Even way back in '78 at the Vermont National Rally, I saw younger riding with the parents, in a sidecar. My biggest girl rode with me at 3 months of age on a 100 mile run. Hard on Mom though, as I recall. She was holding the little one in her jacket. Its not recommended, of course but we do things sometimes. Today, Jessica rides her own F650 at 26 years of age:). Must have worn off on her! Little ones go places, just like we do and always have:). Randy

Back