• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1150GS Mud Flaps

TheHoneyBadger

What are you waiting for?
I am in need of a little help. OK so I need a lot of help but thats why I ride. :whistle

Anyway, I was riding from Kansas City to Alaska by way of Maine and at the Gillette Rally bought a set of Mud flaps from a Club vendor. The man I got them from only had the 1200 style and said he had a set at home that he would send me. I paid for them and headed back out on my ride. In the meantime I had not only forgot about the purchase until I saw a set on a bike last week I can now not find my receipt to get in contact with him. I think they were from up north? They were on an END of a row facing south? They had hard parts for bikes that they made for sale and I bought a 1150GS tail pipe extension from them. They also did installs of the parts you bought from them. Great people for sure.

My question to you all is, Can anyone point me to who this club might be? I absolutely love my pipe extension and would love to have the mud flaps too.

Thank you in advance.:thumb

PS if this is not posted in the right thread please move to the best place.

I forgot to mention that these are the mud flaps that are mounted down under the cylinder heads and not for the tires.

OK here is the deal.

Because rfisher posted up saying this might be the one, I was able to get on line and look at that great sight where Tom Dowell has made some cool farkles for bikes and see that it was indeed the right person.

I call and get the real live Tom Dowell on the phone. Not a voice mail. Not a recording saying that someone will be with you as soon as your battery in your phone is dead. I got the real McCoy.:thumb

He kinda remembered me and was quick to apologize about missing getting back to me as he had a lot of stuff to get back to people about after the rally and I was the one he missed. I told him I was just as much at fault as I forgot and then couldn't find my paperwork when I did remember. We had a great conversation and he said he would go look for the set he said he had.

The next call came from Tom later that day and he said that he was wrong that he only had a part for the toe guards and that he had made a whole new set for me and that they were in the mail.

I am now looking at them and man what a piece of artwork and engineering excellence! To the people that already have them you know what I mean. To those that don't you need to see them! Fantastic!

Now I don't know about you but I was very impressed with how fast and courteous and professional he was. Tom has a great set of products and I hope you go take a look at his site.

I am a VERY happy customer! :dance

Thank you Tom. :thumb

And rfisher, Thank you very much for passing on the info!:bow

Back