• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

radar detector

theLuz

I just installed the motorcycle specific detector on the K1200GT. It looks cool and works very well.

Attachments

• radar2.jpg
    radar2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 511
Luz:

Are you using helmet speakers with it, and do they work i.e. you can hear them over the wind noise?

2007 K1200gt

Pearl is a white 2007 that has 12,500 miles now. The wireless audio for the helmet works fine. The only problem is determining if it is actually on (if it's daylight). I've started re-starting the unit to make sure I can hear it cycle thorugh the different bands. It is very usable at speed.:dance

visual update

I ordered the visual update and a car mount, but haven't used either, yet. I'll get home next week and try them out. I probably don't need the visual, but it's not that expensive and I like "belt and suspenders" approach.:thumb

I've had one mounted since July, 08. Easy to install. Flashing alert lights are visible in bright light. I use City NoX mode all the time in town and Highway mode only on the Interstates. In the twisties it doesn't matter because it can't see around curves. It senses being lit up from the rear, too. Occasionally convenient if you're not paying any attention to the mirrors.

Notably, it is waterproof (the seller says water resistant) but I've had it in downpours and no apparent effect.;)

I've had one mounted since July, 08. t.;)

that's good to know, as I have just installed it. I'm going to use it in the car, as well, to get a handle on how it works. So far, I've left it in Highway mode, just to get it to go off more. I'll learn eventually. Thanks for the update.:thumb

flashy thing

I just installed the light flashy thing to go with the wireless audio update for the unit. I haven't ridden with it yet, but it looks cool.:thumb

Back