• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Jesse Luggage

Looking to add Jesse luggage to my 2004 1150 GS Adventure. Any pros cons do it don't do it try something else etc. They sound tough to install local shop wants 150 is it worth the money? also do the top rack on the side luggage work well to strap stuff down.

Thanks

Looking to add Jesse luggage to my 2004 1150 GS Adventure. Any pros cons do it don't do it try something else etc. They sound tough to install local shop wants 150 is it worth the money? also do the top rack on the side luggage work well to strap stuff down.

Thanks

I've got Jesse bags on my F650 and on my R1150R. Jesse top box on the 1150 too.

Excellent! Rugged! I like it.

As for installation - took me a couple of hours. What is your dealer's hourly shop rate? $150 sounds about right to me. If you are good with tools it's not too hard. Scary with a rubber screw driver? Leave it to someone else.

Unless your rear sub-frame is tweaked

then it can be a real PIA :banghead

Don't ask me how i know....

They are a first rate product. I installed a set on an F650 and it wasn't exceptionally difficult. Give it a shot; it's a fairly low risk adventure, meaning you probably won't do any lasting damage to bike or luggage. If you determine you can't handle it then pay the dealer.

( The author of this response assumes no liability if it is determined his advice was stupid and following it resulted in expensive damage to the motorcycle or luggage of the originator of this thread.)

the company

very good product and you will like the company. They help with everything you are trying to do and would even install it for you, if you were in Arizona. Give it a try and don't be afraid to call them with questions.

i've got them on my all my bikes.

very pleased. you should install them yourself and save the $150.

ian

Another vote for them. I went from airhead BMW bags to Jessie's. I loved the volume increase, the first rally I went to with them I realized I could bring my bed pillow.:D

Mine came with those little racks on top, I've never used them to haul anything. And the don't seem sturdy enough to stap stuff down to.

Jesse's, first rate:)

No.6 set of Jesse's for me and they've all be exceptional:). easy to install, for moderately skilled wrench! KLR650'08 and GSA1200'07 today with Jesse's...3 (2 still in family)F650's and a GS1100 in previous years. 2 hours is reasonable, but a real knowledgeable shop, doing these before should be able to do it much quicker. :usa

Thanks

Wanted to send out a quick thank you to everyone... I think I will have to make the purchase still up in the air with instillation.

Craig

Some like the Touratech better. Know why?

Can only speak for myself: the Jesse luggage is too big! I have the Zega small (35L) special set on my GS and find it more than adequate. I don't like the Micatech cases for the same reason.

If you give me another 20L per side I'd likely just fill it up with unneeded junk or I'd move the stuff currently strapped to the top of my Zega bags inside making it harder to get at stuff when I want it.

Yes, I realize this is very much a minority view.

// marc

Back