• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

boots for big feet

If you're a big guy, also consider your calf size. That's particularly true if you want a pair of taller (~14") boots. I wear a 45 or 46 which is on the larger end of sizes, but nothing out of the ordinary. But I also have tree trunk calves and taller boots just won't wrap around them well. A few months ago I measured them: my left calf is 19", and the right calf is 19 1/4". I currently wear a pair of BMW Contours (~11" high) which have around four years and 30,000 winter riding miles on them and their end is in sight. The Contours are incredibly comfortable, but they offer no ankle protection, have little support, and the retention, while okay, could be better. I'd really like something taller and more substantial around the ankle.

Having a similar problem, I was fortunate to know a leather virtuoso, who was able to cut out an arc on the rear calf section of my boot, which permitted my Popeye shaped calves to be out in the open with the upper part of the boot closed. I believe that I have seen some cowboy style boots with the "arc" permitting muscular people to wear them.

I wear Red Wing 988 motorcycle boots. I have never been disappointed with Red wings.

988.jpg

Choice made...

Finally got to the Iron Pony on Sunday. They didn't have any Sidi boots in my size but they did have a pair of Alpinestar Ridge boots in a 14. They are wide enough and actually do cover my ankle!

They were considerable cheaper than a pair of Sidi's and do not have the same level of protection but I think they are a good start. Wore them to work yesterday to break them in a bit and they were fine. They are supposed to be waterproof also--we'll see.

Of course there were a pair of Sidi Canyon Gore-Tex boots in my wife's size :). Ouch!
But now she has good protection so I am pleased we did find something both functional and kind of stylish.

Sidi Mega Way Rain Boots

I had the hardest time finding boots as I am EEE. I was recommended the Sidi Mega Way boots. Since I live in FL, I also needed something that was waterproof and breathably . Once they break in, they are super comfortable. sometimes, i even forget to take them off at the office.

I would recommend these boots.

Although a bit pricey, the BMW Santiago boot is the widest and most comfortable I have tried. Have also used Sidi On Roads, and would like to have a look at the new Sidi Canyon (I think that is the name).

non-motorcycle boots

This is my first post so bear with me. I have yet to find a pair of motorcycle boots that fit my 11.5 d quite right. My USA made Red Wings motorcycle boots fit great but are now made in China. My current pair is made by Matterhorn, a USA company that make a lot of military and uniform shoes and boots. My Matterhorns are made for (you ready) MINING, yep, the underground stuff. They fit great and have some kind of lining that helps regulate the foots temp. Their waterproof and are well built. I have yet to buy a pair but my next boot my be made by Oliver. They make the king of mining boots that looks like it could go to the center of the earth and come out the other side without a mark. I am sure you can google both.

Woodworker

Socks?

The Alberta Boot company makes the police boot in what ever size you want. They make the brown one for the RCMP and a black one called Black Strathcona.
Martin :ca

sales @ albertaboot .com
http://www.albertaboot.com/police_boots.htm

What kind of socks does the Alberta PD where? They must be tall and actually stay up for long periods of time. Hmm, sounds like whatever they are I need to get a pair. Might be better than my soccer socks...

Back