• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2009 Rally from Southwest Florida

parkec

• Planning on going,
  • Not sure the exact date,
  • Wife has given permission:scratch ,
  • Starting a new business (lets see how it works from a far :doh )
  • Leaving from Sarasota/Bradenton Area,

Who else is going from Fla?

Will update after Sunbeemer meetiing/ride in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I will be heading up from the Ft. Lauderdale area.

-g

I will be leaving from the Jacksonville area at least three days before the rally in TN just to cruise leisurely N to Helen, GA and then NE to Gray, TN. My plan is to tent camp unless the weather is really bad.
Ride Safe :wave :usa :usa

Last edited:
Orlando to the Rally....

My wife and I will be leaving from the Orlando area. At the moment we are planning on doing the trip in 2 days - leave Wednesday and arrive Thursday. We'll be camping at the rally, but would probably hit an inexpensive hotel on the ride up....or camp if it works out. We want to do the 2 lane senic route, and leave the interstate highways to the crazies :banghead I'll be mapping our the desired route soon, but we would love to buddy up with someone else traveling from Florida if our plans fit yours....we can be flexible. We're riding a K1200LT.

FL to Rally

I am planning to leave Port St Lucie a week or so befor the rally, head up through rural GA, via Rt 1 and 15. Then 441 to Cherokee. From there I will spend several nights along the Blue Ridge Parkway--a few good MC campgrounds, then to the rally. After that will continue north on the parkway and rural roads to the RA rally. Hope to camp most of the nights, with a few motel nights to clean up and come down a bit. After the RA Rally I plan to visit a few friends in PA and then off to MD, VA, and back on the BR parkway to get toward home. Always hate the last long day of Florida Interstates, but by then it is time to get home.

At this weekends Sunbeemer meetiong/ride best I could figure out 4 riders going maybe, and a couple of others ifish.

Hope to refine soon.

Riding from Bradenton

I've been looking for some riders from this area who are heading to the rally. I plan on leaving on Wed. I would be interested in riding up with someone.

Also, I am going to be joining the Sunbeemers club within the next couple of weeks.

I will check back on this thread.

Me and the old man are leaving from the panhandle on the Tuesday prior and taking two days transit time.

Headin to the 09 Rally from SE Fla

At least two from Stuart Fla plan on departing on the Monday before the rally.
Another rider from our community might join us also. Plan on spending the first night in Columbia S.C. and then on to Knoxville to stay with a friend who will join us and plan on arriving early Wed afternoon and setting up our tents. This is my first Rally and I'm looking foward to the adventure. This is the first time I'll be pulling a cargo trailer also.. Hope to see you there Tom B..Ron and Ted:drink

I'll be going not sure if I'll leave from St. Pete. or spend a week or so in Blairsville before I go.

I will leave Jax,FL on July 12th. Helen, GA will be on my route to the Rally and I plan on spending a day or 2 in N GA. Following back (2 lane) roads I plan on arriving in Gray, TN on Wed (I'm a beer tent volunteer). I know that many members of The NE FL BMW Club plan on attending the rally and I hope to meet some of the many posters from this forum. Ride Safe :usa :beer :thumb :usa

Last edited:
I will be heading up from the Ft. Lauderdale area.

-g

Also may be going from SE FLA. At least I am hoping to go....

I have just put in for the time off starting on the 14th (Tuesday). I am currently living in Pembroke Pines but will be moving into a new apartment in Ft. Lauderdale within the next couple weeks. Hopefully I will done with the move before the ride.....but I guess it does not really matter. The ride is more important. Has anyone made any solid plans or rally points with times to meet? This will be my first long distance (first time going farther than Daytona) and I am game for anything. Just say when and where and I will be there.

FYI: I can ussually be found at the Everglades Holiday Park every Sunday morning between 0730-1030. Just look for the white R1200R and start poking it, you will have my attention :wave

I don't think anyone has talked about rally points yet. There is another thread regarding Florida riders in the East Section (um....now it's the SOUTH section). In my post above (page 1), I have a link to that thread. I've posted the route the wife and I plan to take (Garmin file), and at least one other member from GA has offered some suggestions to make the route more fun. This will be our first rally as well, although we did do a warm up earlier this year with the B3 (B-cubed) group at Bike Week in Daytona. Since this is our first rally as well, we are certainly open to riding up with others. We are definately looking forward to it!!

:dance

Last edited:
Everglades Holiday Park

Ashveratu,
Are you going to the park tomorrow?

Ok, I'll see u there if it's not raining, I'll be on a yellow R1100S.

-g

Rally

I am going to ride up from St Pete on Tuesday at noon. I am going to ride 75 to around Atlanta and spend the night. I hope to start the twisties wednesday from Dahlonega, up to suches and riding through the mountains and arriving wednesday night since I am attending a riding seminar Thursday AM.

Let me know if anyone wants to tag along. Otherwise, I hope to see you at the rally - my first.

Back