• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GPS help

• Thread starter davemulac@yahoo.com
  • Start date
I have both the Garmin 60CX and the Zumo 450.

I love the 60 but I'm lukewarm or the Zumo.

getfeetwet

Around christmas time I got a Garmin 2820 w/ GXM 30 antenna, NEW, for ~ $315 shipped from getfeetwet.com. It's a great unit! A little big and hard to find a place to mount on my strapped-for-space K75, buy having XM built in is a dream.

This link will get you to the refurb 2820 for $ 215. There is a link on that page to the 2820 w/GXM 30 antenna. I bought the 2820 last month and it does it all with bluetooth to match. Works great in the car too.
http://getfeetwet.com/products/SKU-...ilot-2820-(Factory-Refurb)__010-N0517-05.aspx

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Nuvi 500. Amazon has them for $265. Garmin also produces an accessory package mount with a RAM ball and a direct wire kit. The Nuvi 500 is a waterproof unit, has the City Navigator NT maps for the lower 48 as well as the Topo maps. It also does multiple routes/waypoints and has a track back feature. (The Nuvi 550 has the NT maps for North America, but not the Topo maps.)

At $265, that's a LOT cheaper than a Zumo.

Does the 500 have a headphone jack? The 550 doesn't, so I had to return it - wouldn't connect to the Autocom. I've now got a Nuvi 760. While not waterproof, that was an easier obstacle to overcome than the headphone jack issue.

Does the 500 have a headphone jack? The 550 doesn't, so I had to return it - wouldn't connect to the Autocom. I've now got a Nuvi 760. While not waterproof, that was an easier obstacle to overcome than the headphone jack issue.

Headphone Jack is on the mount on the 550.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. I had a Nuvi 550, which was waterproof, but has no headphone jack. The Zumo 550 may well be different...

Back