• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Birth photo of a 1300GT

RTRandy

I was at my dealer on Friday when a truck pulled up to deliver a crate. I took this shot with my iPhone moments after the employees pulled the sides off . A fork lift then moves the whole deal inside to put the front wheel on and get it all ready to sell.

Putting that side vent on the fairings (real or just trim) is a big improvement over the original large plain farings. Didn't see a K1200GT around to compare, but other than the new colors, the 1300 badge, and the front vents, much looks the same. From memory, I'm referring to exhaust, black frame, dash, and front.

Looking good and no telling how awesome the new engine set up improves the ride.

web.jpg

Thanks for posting. Looks like it needs a bit more than just the front wheel, if you look around a bit.
I'm not a big fan of the Buick ventoport, but that color combination is better than some of seen, doesn't stick out so bad.
I think they shoulda gotten all the silver bits painted the same as the frame so it all matches, for example the peg brackets, plastic rear rack cover, wheels. The wheels would really benefit from that (brake dust).
No doubt I would hate the control change and reservoirs.
Gilly

I like that color!!!

:yum

Took my oillhead final drive down to Touring Sport in Greenville, SC a few weeks back to let them replace the pinion gear oil seal. Struck up a conversation with one of their sales guys & wound up taking out a used '07 K1200GT for a spin.

Oh my, what a sweet bike. I was thoroughly impressed. My R1100RT is supremely comfortable, but that K-GT was awful darn close to matching it, even with the stock saddle.

Someday I just might return to the dark side. First I need to wear out my oilhead, but I think I'm up to the task.

Back