• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My Thanks to All!

Jackie Hughes

Candidate for Director
Well it has been a little more than a week now and I have regained my voice and caught up on my sleep, so I wanted to send a special message out to everyone.

I want to say thank you (which just doesn't seem adequate) to everyone who was involved in any way with the Northwest Passage Rally.

To the Board of Directors, thank you for taking a chance on an unknown entity and trusting me with the planning of MOA's largest event. Your support and guidance during the past year was invaluable.

To the 83 individuals who blindly agreed to give up a good portion of their year and all of their relaxing rally experience, without you none of this could possibly have happened. The commitment and dedication exhibited is gratefully acknowleged, not just by me, but by the thousands in attendance who enjoyed a wonderful experience.

To every volunteer who assisted wherever the need arose, you are truly the unsung heros who made this rally happen. You served beer, sewed patches, greeted arrivals at registration, helped keep the restrooms clean, arranged displays, tallied awards, kept our gates and grounds safe and secure, delivered water to thirsty people, or performed hundreds of other unseen tasks. You served selflessly and to that we are all endebted!

And finally, to each and every one of the 6187 attendees who attended, thank you. Some of you came from just around the corner, many of you rode great distances. You endured blistering heat (yes it was 15 degrees above normal, but it was a DRY HEAT!), cramped camping quarters (it looked so big when it was empty), and the missing-in-action demos rides (surprised us all!). You handled it all with grace and style.

I hope that each of you discovered something unique and took home special memories of the Northwest Passage (speeding tickets, not withstanding). Hopefully you will come back our way again soon.

THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING MY RALLY EXPERIENCE ONE I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER! :clap :clap :clap

Last edited:
You raised the bar, Jackie

Although my experience only goes back to Moodus and two terms on the Board, I can say you raised the bar to a considerably higher level with the Spokane rally, Jackie. I haven't seen any better planned and executed MOA International rally during that time. My compliments to the rally chairs who successfully executed the plan. And my thanks to your partner, Chris, who must have made some significant sacrifices during the past year to have your time available for rally planning and organization. It was a pleasure working with both of you, and a treat to see Number One and Number Two working independently, but in synch, to keep things well under control.

What I liked best was the attitude developed amongst the rally chairs: "Am I doing this well enough to meet Jackie's expectations?" What a glorious team play as a result of the leadership.

About 6,200 riders owe you a standing ovation, Jackie. And those who didn't get to Spokane will benefit from the higher standard you set for MOA rallies in future years.

Just one man's view, but I sure didn't hear many complaints!

Jim Shaw

Picture below was brazenly stolen from a post by Bradford Benn, with apologies ;)

Attachments

• horsse parade c.jpg
    horsse parade c.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 416
NO, no. Thank YOU!

It was my first and I think I'd do it again.

ian

Yup, thanks for your efforts Jackie. Hey you even sent the picture of the beer garden... so you kept your humor.:p

No, thank you Jackie, for a great rally.

BMWMOA is very, very fortunate to have had someone like you who was not only willing to take on a project of such size and importance to the association, but someone who could pull it off with such elan.

This was my first BMWMOA Rally. In the 35 years that I have been riding and attending motorcycle events this was by far the best big event I've ever attended. I was at the first GWRRA envent in Phoenix, several Aspencades (when they were held at Ruidoso NM) and numerous other smaller rallies. Spokane was the greatest and my hat is off to all who made it happen. Thank you.....

Great Job Jackie...

I know you had lots of help and support...but they all took direction and support from you.....

thanks for making the '04 Rally a very enjoyable event for all...

Jim Bud
SCBMWRC
YB West

Incredible

Jackie ---

Most people can only IMAGINE how many hours of your time went into planning the 2004 International Rally.

Thank you for your time and committment to give all of us in the MOA such a wonderful experience. Your sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches were evident all the way through this process, especially DURING the rally.

I look forward to sitting down with you in October to compare notes.

Way to go, Girl!

Brian and Sue

Thanks Jackie!

This was the first MOA rally and second overall rally (the first being Paonia the weekend prior) that I have attended. My family and I were truly impressed, so much so that we're adjusting a family get-together next year so we can make the Lima rally. My wife attended the Women Who Ride siminar and is now interested in taking the MSF course and trying her hands at the controls. My oldest daughter has also expressed an interest, although she still has a few years before she's licensable. Neither would have shown even the remotest interest if this hadn't been such a great rally. My youngest daughter was much more impressed with the horses. My only regret was not making it to "the New New Thing" and meeting everyone that I have met on this board, guess I'll have to make it next year.

:D Even my creditors were impressed with the great vendors as now I'm sporting several new accessories, many of which were appreciated on the trip home:D

Jackie and Chris,

Fantastic job and a tip of the helmet to you and all the other volunteers that made Spokane so special. One of my favorite times was all of us shakin a leg on the dance floor late Saturday night. Sure glad Julie and I only had a short ride to Glacier on Sunday. 8>)

Riding Like the Wind...

CHASMAN
Black '02 K12RS

Speaking of Saturday night...

Jackie -

Brian and I were thinking that it would be fun to have a copy of that song that the Saturday night band played just for us -
"...gonna buy a BMW...."

Do you think that's possible?

Chuck Manley was right --- Saturday night, dancing in the beer garden was a hoot!!!

Sue: Speaking of hooting, I was a bit hooted Saturday night myself. Tell me, during our raucious display for fancy footwork, was I leading you or were you leading me???
:p

Hawk Hawthorne said:
Sue: Speaking of hooting, I was a bit hooted Saturday night myself. Tell me, during our raucious display for fancy footwork, was I leading you or were you leading me???
:p

Heck --- we're BMW riders ---- I suspect we BOTH thought we were leading.

:rocker

Spokane Rally

Jackie and Chris,
Job well done!! I enjoyed myself as much as everyone else- what a party. I think it was the best rally I have ever been too. The GS rides were great- will be back to ride the countryside again.
See ya at Lima,
Mike Frederick
Corpus Christi,TX

Originally posted by Jackie Hughes

I want to say thank you (which just doesn't seem adequate) to everyone who was involved in any way with the Northwest Passage Rally.

To the Board of Directors, thank you for taking a chance on an unknown entity and trusting me with the planning of MOA's largest event. Your support and guidance during the past year was invaluable.

Madame Chair :thumb

It is WE who Thank YOU for a great Northwest Passage Rally!!

The BoD didn't take any chances...you were a sure thing From your initial presentation 3 years ago. You communicated your Enthusiasm then and continued communicating before and during the event. Things went without a hitch (many of the volunteers know there may have been some hitches, but this was invisible to the attendees.)
Noone can throw a party for 6100+ alone, but with your organizational skills, upbeat attitude, and enthusiasm, you were able to organize a group of able-bodied members/volunteers who were willing to follow your lead. (With our group of independent individuals that's much like herding cats. :cat :cat :cat :cat :cat

Thanks to you and your entertainment chair for the great music. Men in the making even got Jerry out on the dance floor.
:boldpurpl
Working a shift in the beer tent with other BoD members gave us a chance to talk to members and have fun while working. :beer
Hawk....why does my hip hurt??

Everyone who bought a 50/50 ticket, the many volunteers selling them, the Cyber Cafe wizards, sewing booth ladies, and the clubs who donated time and money for the Inland Candelighters (National Charity) Thanks for your support. I'm sure the $9,000+ will be put to good use for the kids and their family.

Jackie, thanks to your family for loaning you to us, and Chris for all his help before and during the rally.
It was a heckuva party!!!

It was absolutely my pleasure. I had the best time ever and met and made some fabulous friends in the process. It was worth every minute!

Thanks so much for the experience!

Back