• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The new guy from .......

5thgen

Olympia Wa.

Been lurkin on the site for a couple of weeks.

Wanted to say Hello!

New (To Me) R1200RT 3 weeks ago, and have been fortunate enough to get in a weekend ride each weekend so far. What luck! Just for a few hours but it sure beats being a dust collector out in the shop.

Bill

Welcome from beautiful downtown Seabeck...you've probably already figured out that this is a good site with some great people and interesting information.

When you get the dust off of that new steed post a picture in the Oilheads section. That way when I zoom through Olympia on my R11S I'll be able to spot you in traffic. And if you're ever out putting around the Hood Canal area give me a shout...

Cheers! BJ

welcome8.gif

Welcome aboard 5thgen. There must be some interesting story behind that name.

Please don't forget to send me a touring tip as you go out and about.
SpinningRoundel.gif

Come back here with stories and pictures.

Paul

Last edited:
Welcome from beautiful downtown Seabeck...you've probably already figured out that this is a good site with some great people and interesting information.

When you get the dust off of that new steed post a picture in the Oilheads section. That way when I zoom through Olympia on my R11S I'll be able to spot you in traffic. And if you're ever out putting around the Hood Canal area give me a shout...

Cheers! BJ

R1200RT = Hexhead. :wave :buds

My bad! :doh

Guess I shouldn't respond to posts so late at night...I stand (well, sit actually) corrected!

Cheers! BJ

new guy

I think of them as a refined oiler variant. :)

I shouldn't respond...BillJohnston

I've deleted two posts (one here), just this week. :laugh

A paralegal told me recently, that she once worked for an attorney who would never mail any of his letters on the same day he signed them.

Yes Bill, everyone here seems very informed and willing to provide helpful information.

Will throw in my two cents worth now and then when possible.

Have been trying to post a picture of the new bike but I have been unable log into the hexhead forum today.

BTW, Hood Canal has been on my list for a afternoon ride.

As far as the name goes I am the 5th generation of my family in the electrical industry.

Great Great Grandfather = Lineman for Fort Smith Light & Traction Co. Around 1920

Great Grandfather = Small Electric Motor shop in Arkansas Somewhere 1936 /1945sh

Grandfather= Electrician / Contractor School After WWII 1947 / 1983

Dad= Electrician / Contractor
Uncle = Electrician / Contractor

Me = Electrician / Contractor

Cheers Bill :drink

Shocking story about your family! Boy, that's a really bad joke and I bet you've heard variations a million times...sorry. Guess my family is still searching for a good vocation...NO one has followed in any family footsteps.

Saw the pic of your bike on the Hexhead (yeah, got it right this time) pages, nice bike. And don't think I've ever seen that color combo, so it will be easy to pick you out of a crowd.

I'm too lazy tonight to post another pic of my machine, but it's on the Oilhead pages, page 48 of the bike pics. It's sort of easy to pick out in a crowd too.

Again, welcome to the forum and maybe be seeing you on the road one of these days (if Spring EVER gets here!)....

Ciao! BJ :bolt

Welcome. The forum needs more hexheaders. It is up to us to add a modicum of decorum to this otherwise unseemly affair. ;) I saw the pic of your ride over on the hexhead forum; very nice.

The Jokes are expected and I do appreciate them. :D ...Bill yours is new to me. I may have to use it now.
Was unaware the bike may be a unique blend of red & silver. Will have to look into that. When I was looking I think it all started to become a bluur.

Cheers Bill

Back