• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mini Rally Sturgis Michigan

This may be the way to get my feet wet in this whole rally thing 'cept it's a long way's away. I'd have to ride for like 1/2 hour straight down US 12 to get there:evil

I'm really going to try to make this one. I have some plans for making it out, even though work is trying to stop me. Even if I just end up there on Saturday. Evil employer! :mad

I would like to go too, not sure if I can yet...

If anyone north of me. (or around Manistee, MI) is going- let me know- I would like to maybe join up with you...

I prolly won't be camping, if I do go- but then again, ya never know!

Thanks!
Joe

If the weather is good, and if I can get permission from the wife, and if my house doesn't sell, and if my non-retired riding buddiesy can get the time off, and if my 401 k:banghead isn't wiped out than :dance lets party.

My first rally

I'll be there rain or shine.
Getting folks to commit to go is getting harder and harder. Dad is in and so am I. This will be our first rally.

Joe; I'm just south of you in Pentwater. If you don't mind stopping in Kalamazoo to pick up my son (This will be his first rally on his own bike) I'd welcome the company. Let me know. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Hey Dutch, thanks for responding!

Sure would like to meet up with you in Pentwater for the ride! No problem stopping in Kazoo either!
Hope we get some more "riders from the north" to show a presence at the Rally

Joe

My first rally?

I've got it scheduled for just saturday night at this point. If I can make it, it would be my first rally. I'm 43 and scared...be gentle. Actually, I make freinds pretty easy and I'm looking forward to it. Is there a beer tent?:drink

Pat

Yeah, sure would be nice to have a nice warm weekend for the rallly too... hopefully, by then.
A couple cold beers on a warm night, outside, yeah I remember those days!

Yeah, sure would be nice to have a nice warm weekend for the rallly too... hopefully, by then.
A couple cold beers on a warm night, outside, yeah I remember those days!

Well Joe, you must have a great memory! It's been soooo long since we've seen a warm night, I have only a slight recollection of it...I think it was July 08' or something like that.
:dunno

I've got it scheduled for just saturday night at this point. If I can make it, it would be my first rally. I'm 43 and scared...be gentle. Actually, I make freinds pretty easy and I'm looking forward to it. Is there a beer tent?:drink

Pat

No beer tent. However, there is a pavillion/garage under which you can enjoy any drinks you bring. It's typically BYOB.

No beer tent. However, there is a pavillion/garage under which you can enjoy any drinks you bring. It's typically BYOB.

Or just gather around a campfire or any other gathering of people (two years ago I camped in the field instead of under the trees, so no campfire).

I hope the weather finally breaks around here - we're running 20 degrees below normal for this time of year and the beginning of May is coming pretty fast!

My flights for my work trip are booked, and it looks like I'll be able to attend this one after all. I just have to get on the road by 7:30am on Sunday so I have enough time to ride home, unpack the tent, take a shower, and drive (ride?) up to Detroit Metro for my 1:37pm flight. Should be an interesting day. :)

Looking forward to seeing all the forum people there - we should arrange a gathering - maybe a secret handshake or code phrase. :p

Last edited:
My wife and I will be there...looking forward to meeting everyone!

We'll be the ones on the BMW motorcycle...

:p

I'll be the one in jeans and a black t-shirt*

*I think that might be sixth time I've posted this joke on this forum!

Hey all: I'll settle the pass word issue; it's "cool bike dude!" spoken with zeal. This is looking like a very cool weekend (in more ways then one, after all, this IS Michigan!) and I am looking forward to meeting some of you who have so patiently put up with my rambling here on the forum. Joe, have hooked up with a couple of Beemer pilots in Ludington who have expressed an interest in going. I'll let you know. In the mean time, where and when do we meet up? Vaya con Dios, Dutch

When do the majority of people arrive? Is there a big crowd that stays Friday and Saturday nights or do most people come in on Saturday and leave Sunday? This will be my first Rally before the National and I want to make the best of it.

Back