• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mini Rally Sturgis Michigan

Weather isn't looking too horrible. Only a slight chance of any rain on Friday. Cool but not too out of line for what we usually experience. :)

Keep in mind the report could change before Friday. The chance or rain has been getting less for the past week, and I think the temperature may end up a little warmer than predicted. Just a guess.

Attachments

• sturgis-weather.jpg
    sturgis-weather.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 83
Hey all; Thanks Josh for the weather report, I was a bit concerned about that, as this will be my S/O's first rally, and I really wanted it to be a good one. Joe and Mike, seeing as how the Lil' woman will be tagging along, we'll be taking the back roads down; M37 to 46, to M57 to 66 to the rally. Sound good? Let me know. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Steve (glidepilot) was wondering what the weather report is like for the wked up there.
Scott,

Just saw your post. Josh posted a good link for the weather.

I do have a small tent if you are serious. Post me again and I'll give you my cell number.

Steve

Hey all; Thanks Josh for the weather report, I was a bit concerned about that, as this will be my S/O's first rally, and I really wanted it to be a good one. Joe and Mike, seeing as how the Lil' woman will be tagging along, we'll be taking the back roads down; M37 to 46, to M57 to 66 to the rally. Sound good? Let me know. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Well Dutch, I haven't seen the realbatman in here to know if he is joining us for sure... If for some reason he isn't, then I may just meet you in Pentwater.

Either way the route sounds good- I heard good reports on the M-66 portion from a biker friend of mine!
Hey, its a Michigan road- it has to be good! lol

Looking forward to riding this weekend!!!

steve

Steve,

That would be great, my cell is 937-407-1494. And then we can go over details. Maybe we can work something out thanks

Scott :type

Steve (glidepilot) was wondering what the weather report is like for the wked up there.
Scott,

Just saw your post. Josh posted a good link for the weather.

I do have a small tent if you are serious. Post me again and I'll give you my cell number.

Steve

Joe; Works for me. Let's give Mike one more chance to join our merry band of malcontents shell we? Otherwise, name the time and place and I'll be there. Already packed the bike, poor thing looks kinda' like a prospectors pack mule!! Vaya con Dios Dutch

Mini

I still have my ignition trigger at Oak's, no rally this year. Hope the weather is good for Saturday and Sunday: Friday looks like rain.

I still have my ignition trigger at Oak's, no rally this year. Hope the weather is good for Saturday and Sunday: Friday looks like rain.

Ugh, sorry to hear that, especially since you started this thread.
Do you have anything else you can ride? All makes and models are welcomed.

Well Dutch, I haven't seen the realbatman in here to know if he is joining us for sure... If for some reason he isn't, then I may just meet you in Pentwater.

Either way the route sounds good- I heard good reports on the M-66 portion from a biker friend of mine!
Hey, its a Michigan road- it has to be good! lol

Looking forward to riding this weekend!!!

Joe,

Sorry, but it looks like I will be picking my daughter up and moving her back home from school on Saturday. I wished I could make it, but duty calls. I will however be riding M-22 on Sat May 16th leaving from Kestelwoods Restaurant on M-37 at 9am if you or anyone else are interested.

Enjoy Sturgis...let me know how it goes.

Mike

Here is something to do for a couple of hours Saturday. Get a bite to eat and a cold beer....and get your bike blessed also.

http://www.hamiltonharley-davidson.com/default.asp

The new owners seem like pretty good folks. (It changed from Hamlins to Hamiltons).

First road east of the campground (White School Road) north one mile to the highway. Right on the corner.

Steve

Mike; Sorry you can't make it, of course family comes first. The 16th. sounds doable, would you want to make your start time a bit later? (It's a long haul from Pentwater, and I work the night before).Steve, how does 10 A.M.Friday sound to you for a meet time? Perhaps at the Pentwater Convenience Center at the U.S. 31-Monroe Rd. exit? I'm buying the coffee. Dutch

Have a Question about event

Hello all, I have a question. I have a friend that would like to ride if he can. But he don't have a BMW He has a V-strome. I'm coming from Ohio and was wondering if he wanted to would it be ok if he comes up to the event. He enjoys all bikes and has 5 different one him self. Our theory here were we live we don't care what you ride as long as it rides. Thanks for your time.

Ugh, sorry to hear that, especially since you started this thread.
Do you have anything else you can ride? All makes and models are welcomed.

Hello all, I have a question. I have a friend that would like to ride if he can. But he don't have a BMW He has a V-strome. I'm coming from Ohio and was wondering if he wanted to would it be ok if he comes up to the event. He enjoys all bikes and has 5 different one him self. Our theory here were we live we don't care what you ride as long as it rides. Thanks for your time.

Everyone is welcome, in my experience. I always see some Goldwings or other makes that are there. The more, the merrier!

Everyone is welcome, in my experience. I always see some Goldwings or other makes that are there. The more, the merrier!

I'm bringing a Harley riding pal. If I was worried about the reception she'd receive, I wouldn't have invited her.

Josh

Josh was wondering were in toledo do you live. I'm comming from Bellle Center by Lima. My family (were i was born and raised) in lakeside/Marblehead. I was wondering what route you take to get there. So far the route i have planed is to go to Ft. Wayne IN. and up any suggestions.

thanks scott

My wife will be on her HD also.

OOPS!! I mis-spoke about Hamiltons Blessing being this Saturday. My wife corrected me ...it is the following week.

Sorry about that.

Steve

Josh was wondering were in toledo do you live. I'm comming from Bellle Center by Lima. My family (were i was born and raised) in lakeside/Marblehead. I was wondering what route you take to get there. So far the route i have planed is to go to Ft. Wayne IN. and up any suggestions.

thanks scott

It depends somewhat on how things go, tomorrow. I'm working on some things around the house that need to be finished by mid next week when a visitor arrives. If I run late, I may do the boring route and blast across on the slab. More likely, my route will be:

Route 65 along the Maumee River (South/East side) becoming 110 until Napoleon, then crossing the river at 108, following along route 424 on the opposite side into Defiance.

After that I think it's 18 to 15 into Ney - it's really a crap shoot from there. There are a few OK roads in the area as far as scenery and things, but you would probably be served just as well running up into Michigan and straight west. I did a run into Angola and then up but most of the curvy roads around the lakes, while scenic, are 25mph residentials. The most interesting part and best for riding is the run from Toledo/Waterville to Defiance.

Back