• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pie!! Aye Yi Yi, Pie!!!! Fredericksburg, Tx

markgoodrich

:eat Holy Toledo. SWMBO and I took a little jaunt out into the dry hill country today, stopping in Fred'burg for lunch at a little place called Kelly's Cafe, about five blocks WEST of 16 on 290, beyond all the shopping hubbub. Lunch was REALLY GOOD, give it a try next time you're out there, in fact, make it a RTE, it's worth it.

But LORDY, don't order dessert (not that it wouldn't be great; in fact, I'm sure it would be great). Instead, go two doors west to the Fredericksburg Pie Company and get a slice and a cuppa. There's a lot of places in Texas to get lemon meringue, with almost all of them digging the lemon filling out of five gallon bucket. Not here. All made from scratch...the filling, the meringue, the crust. But that's just the piece we shared. They have TWENTY FIVE different pies, including their "signature" pie, the Bourbon Orange Pecan, which I will get next time.

Open Tues-Sat 10-6, you'd best call ahead if you have a group gathered up, let 'em know what's coming, it's a little bitty place. 830-990-6992.

I asked the proprietor if they get many motorcyclists, and he scrinched up his nose a little, thinking, and said "no, we hardly ever see motorcyclists in here. See a lot out on the street, but they don't stop here." Y'all fix that, now, hear?

I ride with some Pie eatin' fellows... Will check 'em out soon...must have ridden by a few times...we usually avoid the main drag and bypass 290..this might be worth the detour. Twenty minutes up the road!!!!

Thanks for the tip!

Sounds like a great find. Will give it a try when I make this year's spring pilgrimage amongst the April Blue Bonnets . Last spring I found the Rather Sweet bakery in Fredericksburg which turned out to be a good breakfast spot as well as a bakery. From memory it's south of 290 and about two blocks east of 16. Kind of hard to find since it's in a courtyard and pretty much only the sign marks the place. Of course, don't forgot the Hilltop Cafe for dinner just 11 miles north of town.

Attachments

• rather sweet.jpg
    rather sweet.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 90
RS Bakery

Rather Sweet, one of my fav spots in F-burg.

From the courtyard...

Attachments

• Fburg1ab.jpg
    Fburg1ab.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 37
Back