Thread: AR/MO Riders going to BMWOA Rally or Indy MotoGP

AR/MO Riders going to BMWOA Rally or Indy MotoGP

Wondering if there are any riders planning to make either of these trips this year.

Not available in stores.. PAGoldsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybama View Post
    Wondering if there are any riders planning to make either of these trips this year.
    Went to Indy last year and plan to go again this year. Jury's still out on MOA Rally.

KC area.
    I can't believe how incredulous I am.

advrider.com
    I'm going to the MOA rally this year via St Louis.

My Christmas present from my wife was $$ for a GPS and tickets to the MotoGP. I'll be in the SW Vista at turn one.

I find out next month about the Celtic Women concert tickets in Co. in July. The pay backs - but worth it!!!

Mark

Am planning on being at both.
    Nose

See you in Johnson City
    Neal - '09 R1200GS / '81 R65

Quote Originally Posted by Rundel View Post
    My Christmas present from my wife was $$ for a GPS and tickets to the MotoGP. I'll be in the SW Vista at turn one.

I find out next month about the Celtic Women concert tickets in Co. in July. The pay backs - but worth it!!!

Mark
    My wife and I were in SW Vista last year and the views were pretty good. We applied for upgrade this year, but haven't heard anything yet. If not, we will be back in SW Vista this year too. Hoping for much better weather this time around!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    I'm going to the MOA rally this year via St Louis.
    +1

Smile

If it's not a conflict with school, I'm in. I don't anticipate another hurricane cutting the weekend short this year.

MotoGP Schedule

We will be arriving in St. Louis on Wednesday, Aug26. If any St. Louis riders are going up on Thursday, we would enjoy the company.

Rally Rat
    Every time I say I'm going to the MOA rally, the Army gets other ideas, but here goes: In from Little Rock via any route but I40.

Went to Indi last year and it was a good time. However, the Flat Track Nationals on Saturday night was very poorly organized. Poor traffic control upon entrance and terribly long concession lines. We'll be going to Indi again this August but I think we'll be skipping the Flat Track Race.

BMWTurk

From Van Buren AR...

I expect to attend both. I went to Indy last year in a car, so this year I intend to two-wheel it up there. I also attended the flat track last year, and I highly recommend it, barring rain. Some of the traffic problems were probably due to the very large crowd. At the MotoGP, we had seats right at the beginning of the start/finish straight, which were outstanding. I was in Virginia last year for the VIR AMA races, and the riding was fantastic. I expect to cover some different areas this year, including up into West Virginia and the mountains of Kentucky and northern Virginia. It should be awesome!

MotoGP

I'm in for the race weekend, just not sure if I'll leave on Thursday or Friday. It's a really quick ride to Indy, so I'll probably ride in again on Friday. I hope they don't plan the symphony, a concert and the downtown bike scene all on Saturday night again. What a nightmare.