• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Feb 7 50 degrees and can not ride

miairhead

Its was 50+ but my dirt road was ICE till very late. The road was about 1 inch of water between the snow banks.

Any one in Michigan get out on a BMW this weekend? I did see a Harley or two in front of a local bar in the evening.:dog

Yep, I got to ride my new GSA! :clap :clap I'm in Northern MI and I also passed a Harley on the road...

...Any one in Michigan get out on a BMW this weekend? I did see a Harley or two in front of a local bar in the evening.:dog

I got out on my X-Country for about 50 miles. Ended up down at Cabela's and picked up a new fly rod. The dirt roads looked pretty nasty so I stayed on pavement. Didn't see another bike until I pulled into the garage and heard one go by.

Got out Sunday too!!!

Went for about 150 miles thru northern Indiana and south central Michigan. Off the pavement, the back roads were sloppy and a little slushy in spots, but had a blast on the GS. Still showing the mud today!:clap

Hey all; Beemer is still in pieces in the garage. Did go down state over the week-end (Kalamazoo) though. Saw quite a few bikes out. (spent way too much time Saturday morning at the G.R. Beemer shop on the way down. Just ask my dear wife who stayed in the car!!) I guess I just like to watch other folks work for a change!!. Hopefully will be back together this week. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Nope. Wheels are off and the battery is out. Awaiting new tires and probably a new battery. I'm kicking myself for not taking care of these things in November, knowing full well that we could see some nice days between then and March. Oh well, with a 4 year old and a 10 month old at home, I'm lucky if I have time to use the bathroom. Sometimes the needs of the motorcycle take a back seat to those of the family.
I promised myself that I'll be ready to go on March 1!!!;) And I will!

I got out on my X-Country for about 50 miles. Ended up down at Cabela's and picked up a new fly rod. The dirt roads looked pretty nasty so I stayed on pavement. Didn't see another bike until I pulled into the garage and heard one go by.

Hi Dan ... I got about 300 miles in this weekend. Having a new bike will do that to you. How could we have missed each other?:confused:

Have no fear y'all, the time for two wheels is coming.

Up here in Cadillac the main roads were pretty clear but really nasty with melting snow run off mixed with sand and salt. The (my) side roads have turned from hard pack snow to ice due to the warm and welcome temps, so to answer the original question...No ride yet.

Back