• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lodging @ Lima in 2005

JohnM

The first real 2005 Rally thread!

I did some preliminary scouting around for lodging for the 2005 Rally.

I was able to book a room at the Motel 6 close to the fairgrounds, but was also advised by the reservations rep that the Rally might be considered a "special event", where the per-night rate would be doubled.

Perhaps I'm being naive, but I thought that the Rally Committee's advance negotiations w/ the local tourism board would preclude this sort of thing ... i.e., gouging. Then again, maybe the rep wasn't familiar w/ what had been already established.

Just wonderin'.

JohnM

Actually the local board of tourism usually does that. As the rally gets closer, you will start to see lists of lodging for the rally. At Charleston, you actually booked through the city for Spokane it was book your own but mention BMWMOA. So I would say stay tuned. You can always cancel your reservation once you get the other one.

I was actually thinking of camping off site someplace where I could sit by a campfire and have a beer or two... Local KOA maybe?? I'll have to contact the miscreants that I was hanging out with in Paonia and Spokane (You know who you are) and see if they are interested in a campsite "upgrade".

RW

Miscreant #1 says he'll miss the comraderie of waiting in line for an hour for a shower and the neighborhood of the "quiet" camping but as long as we can still hunt for "silverton" then he's all in.

#1, That may just be a plan then... I'll e-mail micreant #2 and see what he says... Does that make me miscreant #3 by default?

RW

Motels in Lima

From the Rally Chair

Worry not, Grasshopper. I have negotiated some good rates with the Lima motels....

Holiday Inn $79/night + tax
419-222-0004
Comfort Inn - price varies: $75/night for a King or 2 doubles
419-228-4251
Best Value Inn (Formerly a Ramada) $55/room
1-800-352-2168

There are also Motel 6 and Super 8. I don't have their prices handy.

Sue Rihn-Manke, Chair
2005 BMW MOA International Rally

Camping at the Allen County Fairgrounds

I plan to research other locations for the purists, but quite honestly, I can't believe anyone would not want to camp onsite next year.

There are way-lots of shade trees and wonderful camping areas.

Wait until you guys see this rally site. It is awesome!!!

Sue

Rally Dates

Where is the rally being held in Lima OH and what are the dates?

You gave him the answer far too easily. If he's smart enough to blow bubbles out his butt, he should be able to find that info in one of the 6 or so places on this site that the info is listed.... :)

BradfordBenn said:
Will it be air conditioned camping? Cause it was butt hot in Spokane.

Yeah, but my clothes dried pretty darn fast after being rinsed out...:bliss :clap

Ohio...humid....:eek

gambrinus said:
You gave him the answer far too easily. If he's smart enough to blow bubbles out his butt, he should be able to find that info in one of the 6 or so places on this site that the info is listed.... :)

das for dems of youz dats nose how to reed.

reedin

dzimbric said:
das for dems of youz dats nose how to reed.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty
uesdnatnrd waht I was
rdgnieg

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny
iprmoatnt tihng is taht
the
frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The
rset can be a taotl
mses
and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs
is bcuseae the huamn
mnid
deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod
as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

Not sure this belongs here but here 'tis.

1. To Jackie Hughes and her gang - what a great job in Spokane !!! Thank you so much.

2. A minor (very) suggestion for Sue and future rally chairs - why not include a local area weather forecast in each daily bulletin. Many of us who are camping have no ready source of this.

3. On our way home one of us was hit by an asteroid and needed a BMW dealer in Wisconsin - the otherwise faithful ANONYMOUS BOOK dealer list let us down in that three (I think ) of the five (Ithink) dealers listed in Wisconsin were listed as being in towns that apparently are too small to appear on the AAA road map and its index. As it was a Sunday, calling the number in the listing didn't help. Road emergencies often occur at inconvenient times.

It would appear to be in those dealer's enlightened self-interest to add some forther identifier to their listing such as " located in Snake Navel, Wisc. 50 miles NE of Milwaukee on route 666" or some such.

Just some thoughts.

gambrinus said:
I was actually thinking of camping off site someplace where I could sit by a campfire and have a beer or two... Local KOA maybe?? I'll have to contact the miscreants that I was hanging out with in Paonia and Spokane (You know who you are) and see if they are interested in a campsite "upgrade".

RW

Miscreant #2 here. Or is that #3?

Considering I won't have to ride 3/4 of the way across the country I'll have way more energy to partake of the Beer Garden. Unlike this year, where I had 7,000 miles under the belt dragging me off to my tent at 10:00pm every nite.

My vote is the fairgrounds!!! :bliss

3. On our way home one of us was hit by an asteroid and needed a BMW dealer in Wisconsin - the otherwise faithful ANONYMOUS BOOK dealer list let us down in that three (I think ) of the five (Ithink) dealers listed in Wisconsin were listed as being in towns that apparently are too small to appear on the AAA road map and its index. As it was a Sunday, calling the number in the listing didn't help. Road emergencies often occur at inconvenient times.

Why didn't you call me? I would have came and got you, put you up, and gave you a lift to snake navel.
Mark

Back