• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Racing photos

B

bensonga

Any interest in starting a thread for photos from motorcycle races? Could be anything from historic motorcycle racing, Moto-ST or World Superbike and MotoGP.

I'm not thinking of track days etc....but actual motorcycle races. Not professional photos culled from the web....but photos you (or a friend) have taken. Not restricted to BMW motorcycles....although we'll be seeing more of those this year. :clap

To get it started....here's one that my friend Will took at the 2005 Redbull MotoGP race in Laguna Seca. A great race....unfortunately, I wasn't there to enjoy it....but I have enjoyed his photos and thought you might too. Taken with a Canon 1Ds and a 300mm f2.8 L series lens.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• Laguna (144) Rossi-72dpi.jpg
    Laguna (144) Rossi-72dpi.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 233
One more from Will.

Attachments

• Laguna (121) Nakano & Capiross-2.jpg
    Laguna (121) Nakano & Capiross-2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 231
No one here been to the races with a camera?

I guess I'm not the only one. I've watched many races on TV, but I still haven't seen a race in person (let alone with a camera in hand).

Here's another photo from the 2005 Redbull MotoGP race. My friend Will has a great eye...and excellent timing.

This moment may have been the peak of Nicky Haden's MotoGP career.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• Laguna (169) Nicky Hayden.jpg
    Laguna (169) Nicky Hayden.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 208
Another from Will's collection....
2005 Red Bull MotoGP
Top of the Corkscrew

Attachments

• Laguna (151) Top of the Corkscrew-medium.jpg
    Laguna (151) Top of the Corkscrew-medium.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 188
Here is a few from the Indy MotoGP.. from the cheap seats!!:brow

hopper_2538.jpg

rossi_2517.jpg

spies_2524.jpg

testing_2063.jpg

DSC_1981.JPG

DSC_1962.JPG

Used a Nikon D300 with the 18-200 VR

I'll try to dig up my old pics from Leguna Seca. I worked at the track on race days and have some great shots of Kenny Roberts, Freddie Specer and Lawson back in the late 70's early 80's.

Here is a few from the Indy MotoGP.. from the cheap seats!!:brow

hopper_2538.jpg

Great shots from the cheap seats! You endured some really wet weather at Indy, but got some excellent photos.

I'll have to admit....I have a weak spot for Kawasaki Green. Sorry to see them depart MotoGP in 2009. Missed my chance to see them in action.

Maybe we'll get to see the BMW colors there someday, if they do well in WSBK.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Alex Hoffman on a Kawasaki ZX-RR at the 2005 Red Bull MotoGP

Attachments

• Laguna (37) Alex Hoffman Kawasaki 2005 Red Bull MotoGP.jpg
    Laguna (37) Alex Hoffman Kawasaki 2005 Red Bull MotoGP.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 159
Back