Thread: Peg Mounts/Lowering?

Question Peg Mounts/Lowering?

Here's one for y'all- can anybody tell me for certain whether or not the peg mounts on an R100R are the same as for earlier Airheads, and if so, if there is any good way to lower them without moving them rearward? A very slight forward relocation in addition to lowering may be acceptable but definitely not rearward, as I want to change my ergos so my knees won't be as bent.
    I'm trying to design my own lowering kit to have a local fabricator make for me but it looks tricky, at least if I want to keep the rubber pads and spring-loaded swivels without making modifications to the frame. I've had no luck with finding something ready-made but who knows, I may just not be looking in the right places.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

REBECCAV
    A friend mentioned a machine shop somewhere (Ohio?) that does lowering kits for any model. Give me a couple of days to find out exactly what/where/who if no one else knows. If I remember correctly the price was fairly reasonable, too...

REBECCAV
    Yo Veg -

Here's the link: Suburban Machinery

They are in Ohio and they come highly recommended.

bg/RV

Thumbs up

Thanks R!
    Cool site- just had a moment to glance at it but I'll check it in more detail tomorrow. Looks like they got cool stuff!
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad