• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Americade from Toronto..?

jimfastcar

Had not planned to consider going to Americade this year, but thinking out loud of making a one day visit as it is about 7 hours from home on the slab...
Thoughts are to leave Thursday June 4, stay somewhere about one hour away from Lake George, spend Friday June 5 at the Rally and take the scenic route back weekend June 6-7.
Anybody interested in this notion ?, just a preliminary thought.

PB07Americaders013.jpg

Any day at Americade is special but Friday is a great day to be there, especially with the evening ceremonies at the Great Escape and the fireworks.

But the ride of Prospect Mountain on Saturday with the outdoor barbecue should be be missed. There is always a special free show on top of the mountain.

I am one of Americade's volunteers and will he happy to answer any specific questions.

Are you camping or staying at a motel?

Their web page is here.

New Mardi Gras Boat Cruise with Cajun menu and music.

New minitours including a guided "Luxo Lunch" tour.

New 3-course dinner with country music and line dancing.

New activities: Bowling Thunder, Fuel Economy Run,
Dirt Daze, Turf or Surf, White Water Rafting.

Last edited:
I'm considering attending also and if the stars align would ride a part of the way with you (or a small group).

Anita

Hey Jim, Anita!

Dave and I are planning to go for the full week again - we'll have to eet up somewhere along the line! We did the 'day trip' thing 2 years ago and were amaze by how much there is to do. Last year we made a week of it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hey, Anita - any chance we could drag Motzie along?

And of course, we'll be seeing our good friend Paul! Maybe even for breakfast?

Cheryl(Zapkat)

LGBS.jpg

Breakfast is on me on day if you folks can make it to Ballston Spa or there are some outstanding breakfast places in Glens Falls.

canada.jpg

Welcome Canadians

I'm also interested in going!
Are you planning to go via Buffalo or Kingston?

John

Americade

I have been both ways, the first was via Ferry Wolfe Island. Buffalo is a lot faster. In the next couple of weeks, perhaps we can have a prelim discussion and go from there :thumb

Ever think of going up through Kingston and ride through the Adirondacks? Very scenic and avoid the interstate system. Whatever you do - avoid Niagara Falls crossing. What a delay!

Americade

Paul
since you seem to know the area well, if I wanted to stay an hour or so outside of Lake George (I am assuming this would simplify lodging availability), where would you advise I search - initial plan would be to arrive from the West via the slab, but probably go home northbound through the Adirondacks and cross the border at Thousand Islands.
Thanks

Hi Jim:

PBAmericaders068.jpg

Two Happy Canadians on Top of Prospect Mountain

I live about 35 minutes south of the Americade action. I volunteer as one of their photographers.

The cheapest housing is to be a volunteer at Americade. They put up all their volunteers in locals hotels/motels - sharing a room. And there is a free wristband, shirts and hat and other misc swag.

If camping - Morea Lake or Rogers Rock campgrounds are close and comfortable.

Hotel/Motel?

From the website:
The hundreds of hotels, motels and resorts in the Lake George Region are ready to welcome you as their guest! Search our comprehensive listings on the left, to find just what you like!

Looking for a romantic retreat? A "home away from home?" Local Places gives you a list of hotels/motels within New York State. Prefer camping or RVing? Campgrounds lists camping resorts in the area. Vermont Lodging is a list of hotels/motels within Vermont State. Need some assistance? Travel Tips is a list of Chambers of Commerce and other businesses to assist you with your travel needs.

Here is the link

Americade probably has more Canadians than any other rally. Closeness certainly is a factor but Canadians are especially welcome - you folks add an international flavour. The main drag in Lake George is named, "Canada Street" :ca

Keep firing away with questions. Happy to give out local knowledge. Certainly not going anyplace until this snow melts ... March? ... April?

Encompassing one-third of the total land area of New York State, the Adirondack Park is unique in the United States. Within its boundaries are vast forests and rolling farmlands, towns and villages, mountains and valleys, lakes, ponds and free-flowing rivers, private lands and public forest.

The Adirondacks are known for their extensive wild landscapes, which includes tracts of old-growth forest, Wildflowers abound, and hundreds of species of shrubs, herbs and grasses may be encountered in a day's outing.

Outdoor recreation opportunities are unparalleled in the Adirondack area. Visitors to DEC campgrounds can sample boating, horseback riding, picnicking, hiking, mountaineering, hunting, fishing, swimming, water skiing, scuba diving and nature photography. Some campgrounds have extended the season into the fall for fishing, hunting and leaf peeking.

Foot trails extending over 2,000 miles course throughout the park, more than half maintained by New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. From the southwest corner of the park at Old Forge, a popular canoe route begins and follows a string of lakes, ponds, rivers and portages nearly 100 miles to Tupper Lake and the Saranac lakes in the north-central region.

For a real getaway, consider the 500 campsites spread over 48 islands on Lake George, Indian Lake and Saranac Lake.

The Adirondacks are rich in history with old forts, museums and antique shops scattered throughout the park. Other attractions of the region are several scenic highways and the Olympic Center in Lake Placid.

Adirondacks Link

Last edited:
Americade from Toronto

I have made the decision to go, and these are my plans:

Thursday ride from Oakville to Chestertown, NY. 650 Km. I would plan to be there by late afternoon. I have found a nice Motel and am hoping that I can find someone to share riding and lodging with.

Friday I would go to Lake George in the early am. It is around a 30 Km ride, and would spend the day at the Expo, RBR and perhaps a short local ride. I would return to Motel Friday pm.

Saturday I would make my way back home, have not decided if I will make it back for pm or take a more leisurely return to include Sunday.

Some may think this nuts, but for me mostly about the ride there and back. Was at Americade a couple of years ago, and too large and crowded for much more than I plan.

If these plans work well for someone else, please let me know and we can chat about partnering for the trip.:blah

Hi Jim:

PBAmericaders068.jpg

Two Happy Canadians on Top of Prospect Mountain

I live about 35 minutes south of the Americade action. I volunteer as one of their photographers.

The cheapest housing is to be a volunteer at Americade. They put up all their volunteers in locals hotels/motels - sharing a room. And there is a free wristband, shirts and hat and other misc swag.

If camping - Morea Lake or Rogers Rock campgrounds are close and comfortable.

Hotel/Motel?

From the website:

Here is the link

Americade probably has more Canadians than any other rally. Closeness certainly is a factor but Canadians are especially welcome - you folks add an international flavour. The main drag in Lake George is named, "Canada Street" :ca

Keep firing away with questions. Happy to give out local knowledge. Certainly not going anyplace until this snow melts ... March? ... April?

Adirondacks Link

I know those good looking Canucks !! small world Eh !

Another unique Americade "event" is the scavenger hunt. Each year the places change. The hunt is configured so the Americade rider gets out to see much of the countryside and small Adirondack towns that might otherwise be easily overlooked.

Bachorz434f2.jpg

That handsome Canadian couple does wear out a lot of tires. Last year I saw them in Lake George at Americade and then just about a month later they popped up Wyoming.

Back