Thread: Americade from Toronto..?

Hybrid View

Rally Rat

Americade from Toronto..?

Had not planned to consider going to Americade this year, but thinking out loud of making a one day visit as it is about 7 hours from home on the slab...
    Thoughts are to leave Thursday June 4, stay somewhere about one hour away from Lake George, spend Friday June 5 at the Rally and take the scenic route back weekend June 6-7.
    Anybody interested in this notion ?, just a preliminary thought.

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Any day at Americade is special but Friday is a great day to be there, especially with the evening ceremonies at the Great Escape and the fireworks.

But the ride of Prospect Mountain on Saturday with the outdoor barbecue should be be missed. There is always a special free show on top of the mountain.

I am one of Americade's volunteers and will he happy to answer any specific questions.

Are you camping or staying at a motel?

Their web page is here.

New Mardi Gras Boat Cruise with Cajun menu and music.

New minitours including a guided "Luxo Lunch" tour.

New 3-course dinner with country music and line dancing.

New activities: Bowling Thunder, Fuel Economy Run,
    Dirt Daze, Turf or Surf, White Water Rafting.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 02-02-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Anita M
    I'm considering attending also and if the stars align would ride a part of the way with you (or a small group).

Anita

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Registration has opened!

I'm looking forward to the Mardi Gras Cruise. Should be an opportunity for some great picture taking opportunities on the White Water Rafting.

Hey Jim, Anita!

Dave and I are planning to go for the full week again - we'll have to eet up somewhere along the line! We did the 'day trip' thing 2 years ago and were amaze by how much there is to do. Last year we made a week of it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hey, Anita - any chance we could drag Motzie along?

And of course, we'll be seeing our good friend Paul! Maybe even for breakfast?

Cheryl(Zapkat)

Breakfast is on me on day if you folks can make it to Ballston Spa or there are some outstanding breakfast places in Glens Falls.

Welcome Canadians

Rosebud...It's his sled. DwayneH's Avatar

?

I might be interested in going.

johnnydee
    I'm also interested in going!
    Are you planning to go via Buffalo or Kingston?

John

Rally Rat

Americade

I have been both ways, the first was via Ferry Wolfe Island. Buffalo is a lot faster. In the next couple of weeks, perhaps we can have a prelim discussion and go from there

Ever think of going up through Kingston and ride through the Adirondacks? Very scenic and avoid the interstate system. Whatever you do - avoid Niagara Falls crossing. What a delay!

Rally Rat

Americade

Paul
    since you seem to know the area well, if I wanted to stay an hour or so outside of Lake George (I am assuming this would simplify lodging availability), where would you advise I search - initial plan would be to arrive from the West via the slab, but probably go home northbound through the Adirondacks and cross the border at Thousand Islands.
    Thanks