• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Portland Monthly Meet & Greet

Okay sports fans, special dinner coming up. A group of riders is coming in to Portland from Alaska. A portion of the group is then heading on to Tennessee. The group will be in town on July 5th and has asked if anyone wants to have dinner with some of them on the 5th to hear about their trip etc.

So we are meeting at 6 pm at the Thirsty Lion at Washington Square. Feel free to join us if you would like!!

July 5th, 6pm
Thirsty Lion
10205 SW Washington Square Road
Tigard, Oregon

See you there
Brian

Monthly dinner time again folks!! Weather looks good for Wednesday, a bit hot, but good. Hope to see a lot of you there. Lots to talk about.

When, this Wednesday, July 16th

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Where, the Golden Valley Brewery
1520 Northwest Bethany Boulevard
Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Monthly dinner time again folks!!
When, this Wednesday, August 20th.

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Well time flies and it's time for dinner again this Wednesday, September 17th.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Dinner Time! This Wednesday, October 15th.

The end of the season is here for the most part. Come share your riding stories from this year and your plans for next year. Due to the holidays and generally crappy weather, the dinners will take a break for November and December.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Just wanted to let those who are interested know that the dinner will be back this month on the 21st. Details to follow.

Potential venue

There is "Fenders Moto-Cafe" on Woodstock in SE Portland. They have a swell collection of 70s & 80s vintage bikes parked inside and hanging from the ceiling. Two strokes, old flat track bikes etc. I fear they are not getting the traffic they anticipated when they opened their cafe. I try to go in there for a beer or burger periodically and the food is good, typical pub fair.

Thanks Bob,

Yup have heard of Fenders, but have not made it there yet myself. Need to get out that way one day and try it out. Don't know if it will work for the dinners though. Did try having the dinners farther east/farther south at the request of folks so they would not have to put up with rush hour traffic as much. Well, it was a bust, all that wanted it never showed up. So we have what we have. The folks that do show up either live out that way or are willing to take up the adventure of rush hour to the west side.

Will try to get out there soon though to take a peek at it though.

How things with you? Everything still good?

Wish I could make it over to Beaverton to attend, but it's pretty difficult on a work night fighting that traffic.

Bob- Thanks for mentioning Fenders. I did not know about it and plan to have lunch there very soon to check it out. The photos and menu look good.

Chris
Washougal, WA

New year is here and time to start the dinners again.

I think for at least this dinner we will return to our regular place, the Golden Valley Brewery. They have been good to us and the food is generally tasty and fairly priced. If we want though, we can discuss other locations that we can try.

So here we go, Wednesday, January 21st.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

How about the weather! Looks like it is to be 55 on Wed, let's have dinner! Maybe with the warmer and dry weather, some bikes will show up and not just their people.

So here we go, Wednesday, February 18th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

I don't really know where the month went, but it's time for dinner again!

So here we go, Wednesday, March 18th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

It is dinner time again and maybe the weather will be a bit better than it has been.

Wednesday, April 15th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Hail Mary for a Moto

I need a Moto Pilot for the Rock n Roll Marathon SUNDAY the 17th..yes, it's last minute..that's how I found out too...

About 4-5 hours for the Marathon..slow work with Photographer on board..prefer no top boxes..

If you can commit...call me at 702 917 9491

No promises as I have two other people looking as well..

Pays well!

Need Professional, SAFETY CONSCIOUS, pillion comfortable rider..your pillion MAY request to ride facing rear..Be at Water front park on Naito by 7:15 a.m.

Dinner time again folks! Where are your riding this summer? Come tell us your plans.

Wednesday, May 20th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Crikey! Glad I looked at the calendar because it's dinner time again folks! Busy time at work a mini vacation later, the time just flew by.

So let's eat!

Wednesday, June 17th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Alrighty sports-fans, last dinner before the big gathering in Billings. Don't know about you, but looking forward to getting on the road. Let's have dinner and chat about our plans and rides.

So let's eat!

Wednesday, July 15th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Dinner Time!

Wednesday, August 19th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Meetup

Hi, I am new to the Portland area and just discovered this group. Seems the weekly meetup is a regular thing. I will try to make it out on Wednesday night this week. Is it a big group and do you have riding events as well? I look forward to meeting some local riders and learning about some good roads in the area.

Dylan Mangrum
dylanmangrum@gmail.com
2015 R1200GS

Hi Dylan,

The Portland Dinner is not a weekly dinner. It is monthly, the third Wed of each month, but not November or December.

The size of the group varies some. We are not a club or anything like that, but many of us do belong to either the RO or MOA. The group itself does not plan or organize any rides, but some in the group do go on rides with other various groups around the area. We are mainly just a dinner group. The idea being to make friends, get help from each other if need be for our bikes and if so inclined, meet up on their own for rides.

Please do feel free to join us.

Back