• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Portland Monthly Meet & Greet

We had a good turn out this last time, 10 people and 7 bikes! The weather was good, food was tasty, and the conversation was varied. With the weather continuing to show promise, hopefully more and more people will be able to make the dinner. Next MGE (meet, greet and eat) will be May 20, mark your calendars and see you there!!

Scott, any of those photos turn out?

Time for another MG&E, May 20, 2009 at 6:30pm. Weather looks like it should be okay, hope to see lots of bikes there, and people too!

MacTarnahanÔÇÖs Taproom
2730 NW 31st
Portland Oregon, 97210
Telephone: (503) 228-5269

Directions
From I-405 North or South, take the St. Helens/Highway 30 exit. Take Highway 30 (NW Yeon Ave) about 1 mile. Take left on 29th Avenue. Go two blocks to Industrial St. and turn right. Go 2 blocks to 31st Avenue. Taproom is on the corner of NW 31st and Industrial.

Time for another MG&E at MacTarnahan's, July 15 at 6:30.

MacTarnahanÔÇÖs Taproom
2730 NW 31st
Portland Oregon, 97210

Directions
From I-405 North or South, take the St. Helens/Highway 30 exit. Take Highway 30 (NW Yeon Ave) about 1 mile. Take left on 29th Avenue. Go two blocks to Industrial St. and turn right. Go 2 blocks to 31st Avenue. Taproom is on the corner of NW 31st and Industrial.

Yup, it's time for another MG&E at MacTarnahan's, August 19 at 6:30pm. It has been a great summer and I am sure there have been some great rides. Stop by, meet some other BMW enthusiasts, share some ride stories and enjoy some great food.

MacTarnahanÔÇÖs Taproom
2730 NW 31st
Portland Oregon, 97210

Directions

Where has the time gone? It seems like just the other day we were at dinner sharing ride stories and yet here it is time again for another dinner!!:dance

I look forward to these things sneaking up on me, but time passing also means the weather will soon be against us and many a bike will be put to bed for the winter.

But anyway, come on out and join us for dinner and conversation this Wenesday, September 16th at 6:30 pm.

MacTarnahanÔÇÖs Taproom
2730 NW 31st
Portland Oregon, 97210

Directions

Aloha! It is time again for the Portland Meet Greet and Eat this Wednesday at the MacTarnahan's Taproom. I am not on my regular computer and have limited access to the web so if you need the address etc. please see the previous posts for this activity. I can't be there this month, but I hope the regular group of beemerphiles can make it. Please feel free to join us (them) for some good food, company and chit chat.

MOA meeting in Redmond

I hope to make this Wednesday my first at joining this illustrious group. And I'm considering driving over to Redmond for the MOA meeting on Saturday. Since the forecast is for rain and I'm in serious need of new tires, I'll make this trip over in one of the family cages. Anybody interested in joining me, just let me know. Drop me a private message and we can work out the details and avoid hi-jacking Sit's thread.
:wave

Last edited:
Rain is ok, it's the sub freezing or near so temps forecast for the roads over the cascades and the east side that will have me probably driving. :bluduh

Another month has slipped by us. Seems like just the other day I was lounging in Hawaii instead of raking leaves out of my already muddy yard. Oh well, every month that passes gets us closer to putting away the heated gear correct?

Any way, time for another dinner, hope to see some of you there.

So here it is

What: Portland Meet & Greet
When: Third Wednesday of each month
Time: For now let's set the time at around 6:30pm
Where: Pyramind Breweries McTarnahan Taproom
2730 NW 31st Portland Oregon, 97210
http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/portland

Hope to see you there by car, truck, and hopefully some by BMW.

That makes the next Meet & Greet this coming Wed, Nov 18!!

Brian

It is that time again! And the weather has turned in our favor........? Okay, maybe not, but at least it is not so cold!

Time: Around 6:30pm

Directions

This makes the next Meet & Greet this coming Wed, December 16!!

Brian

As someone who has yet to be at either, anything different between this group and the Barley Therapy group on the 2nd Wednesday?

I have not been to a Barley Therapy, so I don't know what to tell you about one vs the other. I think the main purpose behind each one is just an excuse to go to dinner and talk bikes. Garry, who sends out the BT emails, usually shows up to the Meet and Greet dinners too. The Meet and Greets are usually a fairly small group that gets bigger during the summer, then tapers off as the weather turns. I would say maybe stop by them both at some point or pick the one which has the best sounding menu?

I want to try the BT too, but since it starts at 7, that is a bit late for me as I get off work at 5 and live too far outside of Portland to ride home only to turn around and come back into town.

Don't know if that helps or not. But hope to see you next week at the Meet and Greet, we're better.:D

Dinner! February 17th!!

It almost snuck up on me! The third Wednesday is here again! And the weather actually looks like it may cooperate for us. Cloudy in the 50's. Let's see some bikes!

Directions

Brian

Dinner! March 17th!!

I know, it is St Patricks Day, so if you feel you must go celebrate the Irish way do what you must. But for the rest of us we can do our regular dinner.

Directions

Brian

Tic Tock where does the time go? Sorry I missed the post this weekend.

Yes, the third Wednesday of the month is just days away, time for dinner again!!

There is construction in the area, I believe 29th is closed and I don't know if you can get around the road block via the parking lot or not. If not, just go to 35, then Industrial, or access off of St Helens Road.

Directions

Hope to see you there.

Summer has finally arrived, more or less and the third Wednesday is almost upon us. Time for dinner and talk!! This coming Wed, the 19th!

Directions

Hope to see you there.

Okay, so BMWOR is putting on a speaker Wed night at the same time as the dinner. My wife and I are going to swing by Tigard to see the speaker. If anyone wants to do the dinner, please still do. The place is pretty good. See you next month, June 16th!

Could be September for Gina and I. Have a friend in town tomorow night and will be on the way to do trail work/logouts for at least the next two third Wednesdays. Possibly in August as well. Mebbe we'll see a few of you in Redmond.

Bob
R1150RT
"Concorde"

I was getting all excited for Wednesday as I thought maybe summer was here to stay. I was looking forward to a nice warm evening for dinner. Of course a glance at at the forecast shows partly cloudy on Wed and in the 60's. Oh well, let's have dinner any way!!

Yup that time again, and this month it looks like there are no conflicts. So you know the drill, this Wed, the 16th, at about 6:30pm.

Brian

Back