Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help in Portland Oregon

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18

    Help in Portland Oregon

    I'm supposed to be leaving for Alaska tomorrow and the "Brake Failure" light came on on my 2013 R1200 GSA hex head.
    My riding partner is flying up and landing at PDX at 1:15. Our plan was to put our gear and head out right away and make the Canadian border by nightfall. As it turns out the low beam on his 2009 GS just burned out and that need replacing too.
    Anyone in the Portland area that could help would be appreciated.

    Bruce
    714-658-6400

  2. #2
    Ponch ponch1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills AZ
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheeledfaith View Post
    I'm supposed to be leaving for Alaska tomorrow and the "Brake Failure" light came on on my 2013 R1200 GSA hex head.
    My riding partner is flying up and landing at PDX at 1:15. Our plan was to put our gear and head out right away and make the Canadian border by nightfall. As it turns out the low beam on his 2009 GS just burned out and that need replacing too.
    Anyone in the Portland area that could help would be appreciated.

    Bruce
    714-658-6400
    Check your ABS sensor cables, especially the front one. Make sure it isn't touching the rotor.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    Check your ABS sensor cables, especially the front one. Make sure it isn't touching the rotor.
    Just saw your reply. I had checked it and readjusted it and the light is off now. Thanks

  4. #4
    Ponch ponch1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills AZ
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheeledfaith View Post
    Just saw your reply. I had checked it and readjusted it and the light is off now. Thanks
    You may want to check that the cable is worn through and wrap it in electrical tape. I had it happen to me on the way to Crescent City going up through Crater Lake. Good luck on your trip.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •