• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

rent your trailer?

the Wizard of Oz
I'm looking to rent a small or single rail trailer to take my bike south the last week of Feb/first week of March. Chicago-ish/ No. Ill. area.

I know u-haul has one, but I thought I'd ask here first.

i'd have to get a hitch installed on one of my cars or borrow my fr-in-law's Durango for the trip. Maybe 5 or 6 days. I'm a grown-up....sort of.

Might go to No Carolina/Dragon/Blue Ridge or Daytona, just wherver the weather's rideable, find a motel as a base camp, and park the rig and ride for two or three days. It's when my vacation falls this year and i want to take advantage.

Trailer

Did you ever rent a trailer? I have a trailer that I'd love to sell - it's a great little "Trailer in a Bag." I loved it so much that I wrote a glowing review in BMW ON a couple yrs ago. The van I used to pull the bike cross country is gone and the thing has sat in the bag in my barn since that first trip. If you are interested, take a look at http://trailerinabag.com/index.html. I'm going to list on the Flea Market soon, but if you're interested, let me know. The new price is around $1200, I'd let it go for $800 + shipping, which will be significant as this is a heavy thing.

Good luck!

Steve Magas
bikelawyer@aol.com

Trailer

I know it's late, but if you haven't found one yet, I have one you might be interested in.

As you can see it's a 3 place, pretty decent shape, comes with 2 ramps.

Just had the bearings repacked. Been to Moab Utah and back hauling a 1150 GS Adventure and F650GS Dakar.

No issues at all.

The wife did notice that one of the tail/brake lights was finicky. Sometimes it would work sometimes it wouldn't the last time I used it in December.

Pretty much sits around here. I guess I will sell it for $500 bucks.

Here's some photo's!

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

Thanks

J

Back