• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hardshell Quck-Release Office Case

58058D

I just got a new computer assigned from my day job, it looks like it will not fit my saddlebag with my current briefcase setup, and is too large for my tankbag. Since I want to transport the computer as well as all my standard briefcase stuff, and haul it all around all day, it would be nice to just have a hard case that is its own briefcase, so, I am considering the "Hardshell QR Office Case" found on page 81 of the recent Rider Warehouse catelogue and thought I would see if anyone has had any experience with this particular unit. I would be mounting it on my 2000 K12RS factory removable rack or just the metal tail section whichever it fits best. I ride from Mendocino to Sacramento weekly - 185 miles each way - over 128, etc, so the mounting has to be strong and the padding up to to protecting the computer.
The size is perfect, I like the polycarbonate construction and the fact that it is water tight, a must. The other option might be the Kriega US-20 or just a Courier bag with an organizer.
Any experience with these particular units?

Last edited:
Givi topcase.

I carry my laptop case back and forth in the Givi topcase. I used to use a computer backpack that fit perfectly. I did get a bigger Swiss Army roller case for flights, it holds a laptop portfolio.

Looking for 'Review'

Thanks for the link to Pelican. They do have some neat stuff, but very use specific. Rather than a case for the laptop alone, I am looking for opinions on the specific Hardshell case in the Rider Warehouse catalogue. Any experiences with it. It has the right size for me to carry and protect the laptop as well as carry the rest of my stuff. It is described as essentially a weatherproof bulletproof briefcase that has a quick release mechanism that makes it 'ideal' for riding to work, popping it off and going inside. So I am looking for any experienced user, how well does the quick release work, will it match the K12RS, etc.
Thanks

Back