• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Article on Satelite Radios

cwtester

M/C Farm Boy
In the last couple months I read an article on Satelite Radio hook-up on motorcycles. I can not find the article nor remember where I read about the set up. The writer mentioned using a Grundig portable radio (but which one?) and running an ear phone to listen with.
Has anybody else seen this article?
or know which model Grundig was employed.

Signed ,
Lost in the corn field again
:confused:

Hi,

I read that article also. It was in the June 2004 BMW Owners News publication. The title was "Five Hundred Miles of Bluegrass Music..." by Roger Wiles. The shortwave radio he recommended was a Grundig YachtBoy 400PE, though he said that other units will work. What is important, according to Wiles, is that the unit have a speaker and not just a headphone outlet and that it be powered by at least 6 AA batteries.

If you want more information from this article let me know.

Bob

Article

I looked through the last couple months of MOA and I'll be darned if I totally missed that article.
Now that you told me the name of the article I remembered where I read it.

Thanks for the reminder

later

You may also want to look at Motorcycle Consumer news, last year they had a few articles. I can go in search of if you need more information.

I am headed down to CycleGadgets this afternoon to pickup my XM mounting stuff. After 5,000+ miles with just the CD/MP3 player I really miss it.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in CycleGadgets.com, they are a good company that treats me good.

Plus they were nice enough to bring back some stuff from the National for me.:clap

Sat Radios

Unfortunately you won't find the Sat radio article in the table of contents of the June MOA ON, as the TOC was screwed up. Go to the back third of the mag and look for the bluegrass article, and you'll find it.

PGD in SJC
00 LT
02 RT

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in CycleGadgets.com, they are a good company that treats me good.

Plus they were nice enough to bring back some stuff from the National for me.:clap

No need to apoligize for mentioning these guys. They're good people for sure! Nothing wrong with CycleGadgets.

Back