• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Today (7/21/04) is National Ride to Work Day!

HERRBAYEMVAY

Lovin' my CLC!
Just in case you are not aware of it, today has been designated as "National Ride to Work Day" in our great country! There might be a posting somewhere else on the MOA forum, but I wanted to take a moment to make sure it got posted.

Let's get out there today and ride our bikes safely and responsibly to work (or in my case, school), properly attired in our protective gear AND helmets, and remind the US driving public of just how many motorcycles there are in our country!

Ride safe!! (and proud!)

Thank God

I rode to work without knowing about the national observance. Just like I did yesterday, the day before that, the day before that and so on. Heck, if I didn't ride to work it would cut my riding time down considerably.
I was properly attired with boots, helmet, and gloves (sorry but I don't wear my armored pants to work).
Good word Beemerlover - if we all rode to work a little bit more, then maybe bikes would be perceived a little more as a good means of transportation, instead of a shiny toy for Sunday afternoons.

Me to, as I do many day's. This "national day of observance" seems to be in full force as I noted more motorcycles on the road this morning than usual as well as more in the parking lot when I arrived at work. Of course it could be a co-inky-dink.

I rode today--and boy is it hot out, to boot! I had no idea today had been marked for motorcycles, but it's real cool nevertheless! And, like Cliffy, I rode yesterday and I'll be riding tomorrow, too! The rain is the only thing that gives my car a shot at getting out these days!

TODAY IS

National Day After Ride Your Motorcycle to Work Day or NDARYMTWD and we should celebrate by riding our motorcycles to work.
Almost lost my cover and bike almost tipped over off the center stand yesterday - the most feral wind blew through these parts. I ran out to pull off the cover cause it was going to blast off on its own. Just as I got there the wind had the Rockster teetering and I stopped a fall.
It was also pouring raind and I observed something I have never seen. The water was running down the pavement toward the drain, but the wind was so strong it was blowing a lot of the water back up the hill at ground level. Whew, thank God my bike is a beemer and doesn't melt in the rain as some others do!

The details of my job keep me from riding to work, but believe me my heart's riding even if my ass isn't.

Back