• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

viking.jpg

We Shall Overcome

OK, so if someone had a Garmin GPS, but was illiterate and couldn't figure out the instructions, how would they download the info. into the GPS? I tried to look at it, but my Windows doesn't knoiw how to open it. Do I need to download some other software first?

I tried and got the same results. I'll going to guess the downloaded file must be in the same directory as the Garmin software.

Here is the instruction my good friend gave me. Make sure your hammer and sword is not within arms reach of your computer. ron

http://www.poifriend.com/

Don't forget to join up( costs nothing ). When you sign in and download the POI's you want, in the future they will notify you via email if those POI's have been updated.

1. Make sure you check off " Zip file with data and icon "
2. and " Remember my selection "
3. File type should be " Garmin "

Make sure you have the following installed on your machine
http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/

Also, your GPS should be hooked up to your computer.
Once you've downloaded the POI files, use POI Loader to find the files on your computer and upload the data to your GPS or SD card.

If your unit doesn't work with this utility , you will have to find out which software is used with your unit.

Hope I've explained it clear enough.

Bob

Magazine Article?

All of this would be worth a magazine article in Owners News.

Would be a great article for those of us who use the GPS like an appliance.

So far none of this except for the unzipping works on my computer. But this machine has multiple hard drives. Think I will try it on my laptop which has just one hard drive and no partitions.

dives and drive ins

any way you could email that list of places to eat?

Adrian

I don't have a Tom Tom to test this on, so please let me know if it works for you!

Attachments

• DDD.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 22
Damn you!!! Now I'm hungry. :thumb :thumb

I don't have "TV" at home, so I watch during my lunch break at work. This week he was in Santa Fe. Bacon waffles, and some sort of layered tostada with egg and black beans that reminded me of weekend breakfasts when I was a kid, except my uncle would cover his in mouth burning chilies.

Rode Food

Caught "Feasting on Asphalt" last year on the Food Channel. Last episode with the lutefisk experience at Mississippi River headwaters was great. Airing this year I wonder?

AB's latest in the "Feasting" series was called "Feasting on Waves", and chronicled a sailboat trip around the Caribbean checking out the local cuisine in various exotic locations. Pretty good stuff, but I liked the motorcycle journeys better.

Roy F

Caught "Feasting on Asphalt" last year on the Food Channel. Last episode with the lutefisk experience at Mississippi River headwaters was great. Airing this year I wonder?

Hey Roy,
Where have you been? Suzy and your names came up at the last Tuesday feast. Weve been wondering.
Shall we feast in the Gray area in July. Not much enthusiasm among the Richmond Group. But what did I expect?
Mike S.

Thanks Gerard, this is great downloading to the GPS worked fine. We should make one of these diners a meeting spot over on the regional board.

Brian

Back