• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Schedule for Rally

CTellman

As a new member I have not seen anything about when people will arrive. Is it possible to arrive a day or two before the official start of the rally? I am a teacher and this will be a main part of my vacation. I will be camping and I wonder if there will be showers and portable toilets available?
Thanks,
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
:thumb

volunteer

Welcome Campbell, yes there will be showers either portable, permanent, shuttle to their local HS or a combination of all the above. Also I don't believe you can be more then a 3 minute walk to a bank of portable toilets based on past experience. Also if you are rally newbee and want in early and want the best experience, volunteer. The best rally experience for me has always been when I was involved. They will be posting a list of rally chairs soon. Peruse the list and email a chair to sign up. It can be something you know, like first aid or signage or beer tent, or something to be shown like gate work or security or signup or anone of dozens. Or just volunteer to setup and be assigned. Have fun

Capecodbeemer . . .

I am a transplanted New Yorker and moved to NC ten years ago. I am really looking forward to volunteering at the rally. I hope to get there a day early so that is why I questioned what facilities would be available.
Thanks,
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT

I am a transplanted New Yorker and moved to NC ten years ago. I am really looking forward to volunteering at the rally. I hope to get there a day early so that is why I questioned what facilities would be available.
Thanks,
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT

Welcome to the Ride! Since you are in the teaching profession, I will presume you already have the time off this summer needed for attending (NOT always the case - my daughter is a teacher in CO, where they have a year-round school district).

Be patient, and await upcoming details. The Rally Committee is suredly busy getting ducks in a row, and will release info to all of us as soon as possible, but of course, never soon enough to satisfy our wintry curiousity.

Many of the questions you may have might be answered if you access the '07 and '08 rally intel on this web sites' Home Page.

Looking forward to returning to your state (have been there several times on two wheels) for an enjoyable July!

The Board of Directors voted several years ago that rally attendees should be allowed entrance no later than noon on Wednesday prior to the start of the rally.

However, early arrivals should be aware that the showers, portable toilets, and other necessary items may NOT be available prior to the opening day of the rally.

Plan accordingly.

Thanks,
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT

Like Sandy mentioned in the post, you can volunteer directly with your favorite committee or just contact the volunteer committee and we place you with a needed committee. Just drop an email to volunteerme@comcast.net and state your choices or at this time I can send you a list of committee chairs needing help the list is always updated.

The official committee chair list will appear in this forum and in the MOA ON within the next few weeks...several details are being worked out at this time.

Side note: :clap we will be drawing for door prizes on Saturday for volunteers only. Thus far I have secured some really nice door prizes...more details on those later as well.... don't have to be present to win...just volunteer....to be eligible.:thumb

Looking forward to enjoying some Mountain Magic....Southern Style

Don Norwood
Volunteer Chair 09 Rally

ERC Classes

I will be attending this years Rally . It will be my first. I see in the past that you have had the ERC classes in the past . I would like to volunteer to teach this course. I am an MSF instructor hear in Ohio and have the ERC certification. Contact me if needed and also a schedule when you have it. Thanks Tim

I will be attending this years Rally . It will be my first. I see in the past that you have had the ERC classes in the past . I would like to volunteer to teach this course. I am an MSF instructor hear in Ohio and have the ERC certification. Contact me if needed and also a schedule when you have it. Thanks Tim

Drop a note to Roger Wiles (roger@rogerwiles.com). I believe he is looking for volunteers to teach the course.

Back