• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Helmet Woes . . .

For the record--I went with the Vemar--which Morton's doesn't carry, nor does anyone else in the area, that I'm aware of.

That being said, I agree with the observation.

Fit of Vemar

My riding buddy bought a Vemar, I liked it went to the store to try one on my noggin. Didn't fit at all for me great for him. Nolan fits me (just got the n 103) haven't ridden in it yet will post my ideas when I do. Nolan doesn't fit him. That's just the way with helmets.

Arai

Just a point for conversation. I was at the Cleveland Motorcycle Show and was measured by a Arai Rep. I thought the Profile was for me. But it was not. I experienced the same pressure on the lower back of my head and cheeks.. So we tried on the Vector. Bingo everything fit as designed. Rear of head and yes the cheek pads were much better.

The style of the Vector is not as pointy in the rear of the helmet. The Profile has a sharper taper. Less pressure in the rear allows the face to reduce pressure on the cheek pads. So it was explained to me.

I did visit the local Arai dealer in North Akron area and they were nice kids but did no measuring. I was trying on xxl sizes, the Arai rep, fitted me with an xl. Go figure, I have never fit into a xl. But I am sold.

Arai Vector is my next purchase. But not from the dealer.

Well--the Vemar finally arrived. Nice helmet, good finish (a little "plastic-y" in the lower chin bar) and overall, feels solid--the good news. The bad news--in an XL (59.5cm noggin--mid-long oval) it fit OK for about 20 minutes. Went for a test spin, and AFTER about 20 minutes my forehead started to hurt. After an hour, bordering on torture. When I stopped and took it off, I had a very nice reverse impression of the liner in bright red dented into my forehead.

Needless to say, it doesn't fit my headshape. Oh well, I knew I was taking a chance with an online order and not being able to try it on (against all good advice, I might add:nono ). At least now I know. Would not recommend this helmet to those with oval heads.

Its going back and when my head stops hurting, I'll go back to the drawing board.

JEP:doh

Maybe the Nolan will fit then

Post above my buddy has a Vemar fits him Nolan doesn't fit him , I wear a Nolan Vemar doesn't fit me. Might be worth looking into.

I bought the Vemar Jiano- long long wait- bought two so I could use the bluetooth.
Good news is- it has bluetooth.
It is more noisy than I thought it should be- yes the vents were closed!

Bluetooth is good for about ten hours as they say. somewhat a pain at times to link. But it does work.
+ 1 there.

No good for the zumo though. SOund quality not to my preference- shoulda tried it out first. so its going to be- upgrade the LT's speakers.

It is a tight fit, but I had no problem as long as I dont try to chew a bunch of bubble gum at the same time.
I like the flip down visor.

I do like my scorpion, but it isnt a full face- so that one is on the endagered list- Its either full face or full face..

I found a deal on a Schuberth C2 and absolutely love it. Fits my head perfectly, and since I am replacing the C1, its an easy transition.

Look for the Jiano to be on the fleamarket soon, I'd rather give someone else a break than pay the 10% restocking fee.

JEP

Back