Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: From around Portland, Oregon

Oh for the snow and ice and frosty mornings like today, I want to add a Ural Patrol to the family. I think that would just freak peple out to show up to work on a snow day in MC gear.

PlaneGeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Sit1150R View Post
    Oh for the snow and ice and frosty mornings like today, I want to add a Ural Patrol to the family. I think that would just freak peple out to show up to work on a snow day in MC gear.
    Heck yeah! That's the best part! All the Harley drivers here already think I'm crazy because I get my bike wet. But with the beautiful morning rides like this week how can you not ride year round? It definitly has me in a good mood by the time I get to work

So the McTarnahans is a great place, of course I know this after one meal. For the sandwiches and burges was about ten bucks a pop. Seems to be plenty of parking, on street and lot and seating looks to be favorable for groups with lots of crap ie gear. So what does eveyone think? Maybe set up an evening weekday meet and great there? Tuesday night is pint night , but thinking might be busier than other nights. Gal tonight said most week nights pretty easy going, busy of course on Friday and Saturday nights.

So what do we think?
    Last edited by Sit1150R; 01-23-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Sure

MacTarnahan's is the Pyramid Brewing down in the Industrial NW. I'll stop by on (thirsty) Thursday at about 6:00

Bob

Sounds like the start of a plan. So this next Thursday, the 29th, at 6pm. Who ever can and wants to show, please do. I will also send out a quick note on the BMWRO yahoo account. If people show up and seem interested, maybe this can be a regular thing, last Thurs of each month, just a meet, great and eat.

Tomorrow

See ya at Pyramid. around 6

Will be there, depending on the weather when I leave for work, may be on bike. I will stand out very well then. If crapy out where I live, then will truck it. I'll look like the plains clothes cop backed into a corner.

Come on everyone else!! Stop by for a bite.

Brian

I'll try to make it. I'll be on the bike.

A big thank you and a nice to meet you to all who showed up last night. Four of us made it, better than I had expected for the first time. It was great meeting all of you.

For those that thought about coming and didn't, shame on you

We had a great time discussing a little bit of everything it seemed like and the food and drink were quite tasty. Before we left, it was agreed to that it was a good time and it should be done again. After a quick mental check of schedules, it was decided the third Wednesday of each month would be a good night for a monthly meet, greet and eat. I think for the time being we are going to leave it at the Taproom. The time might still be a bit in flux, some thought 7pm was good so folks could get home and then head on out to the Taproom. I kinda like abit earlier because I live too far out to get home and back. I am thinking let's split the difference, at least for the next time, and say 6:30pm-ish for next time.

I think I will also start a new thread with a title to reflect just the meet ups, that sounds AdvRider-ish, call it the Portland Monthly Meet & Greet.