• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Track Day Pictures

D

dbarc38

My husband bought me a t-shirt that says "Yeah, You just got passed by a girl"

439645202_gKsxH-L.jpg

455414446_Vis7q-L.jpg

436621447_tQ3dn-L.jpg

I love seeing bikes being used to their potential, nice job.

And to add insult to injury, they not only got passed by a girl, but also a touring bike and a BMW no less. That is a triple slap into reality for most sportbike riders.

The track is at Cresson, south of Ft. Worth. It was sponsored by the BMW dealer in Plano. It was my first experience at a track and i would suggest it to anyone that wants to improve. I had a blast......

That's an impressive line through that corner regardless of gender . . . maybe someday I can . . . .

Oh well . . . welcome! :thumb

Wow!

The track is at Cresson, south of Ft. Worth. It was sponsored by the BMW dealer in Plano. It was my first experience at a track and i would suggest it to anyone that wants to improve. I had a blast......

First track day? Wow! Those pics and lean angle are quite impressive, especially considering the bike. (fairly hefty)

A few more millimeters and you would be grounding the center stand and/or engine guards. BTW ... what type of tires?

Kevin,

I had a Pilot Power on the front, the Pilot Power was not available for the back. The back was more than likely a Pilot Road.

I have the plastic guards on the cylinders and i did scrape them up. Of course i will not be taking the RT to the track again as i now know the RT's limits.

We purchased a new K1200S this year, cant wait to get it on the track.

Connie

I had a Pilot Power on the front, the Pilot Power was not available for the back. The back was more than likely a Pilot Road. I have the plastic guards on the cylinders and i did scrape them up. Of course i will not be taking the RT to the track again as i now know the RT's limits. We purchased a new K1200S this year, cant wait to get it on the track.

You're Batgirl. :thumb

I decided to take a spin down south of Houston to the MSR-Houston Raceway to check out trackday schedules this afternoon. No bikes today -- I watched the SCCA crowd practicing with their open wheel racers for awhile. It's a large complex and they let me in for free to ride around the facilities -- not the track -- to check things out.

Here's the website for anybody thinking of taking a ride over there to check it out:

http://www.msrhouston.com/msrhouston/trackmap.asp

I will throw a few of mine in the hat.

Calabogie
calabogie.jpg

Shannonville

Sville%20side.jpg

Beaver run

beaver%2012x10.jpg

Gratten

Gratten%208x6.jpg

You're Batgirl. :thumb

I decided to take a spin down south of Houston to the MSR-Houston Raceway to check out trackday schedules this afternoon. No bikes today -- I watched the SCCA crowd practicing with their open wheel racers for awhile. It's a large complex and they let me in for free to ride around the facilities -- not the track -- to check things out.

Here's the website for anybody thinking of taking a ride over there to check it out:

http://www.msrhouston.com/msrhouston/trackmap.asp

WOW...no idea that was there...isn't that the area the NASCAR investors wanted to build a track? I must have driven by it a lot lately and never noticed.

Ffog
Great Pics.

Nice bike, nice suit.

TexanRT,

Great looking track, is it open to the public?

Ffog
Great Pics.

Nice bike, nice suit.

Aren't those some great pictures? Nice.:thumb

About the Houston track:

I don't think the Nascar guys would ever be able to convince Burton Smith (who owns two or three Nascar tracks) that a Houston track wouldn't take away business from his Ft. Worth track. I don't think we'll ever get a Houston Nascar track although the rumor still comes up now and again.

I'm not sure how long the Houston track has been open, but everything looks like it's between 1 and 2 years old -- I can't believe I've ridden past that place a dozen times and never knew it was there. It's just off of 288 on the left (east) side of the hwy and you can see the facilities from the freeway.

It's got some great corners -- some tighter, some sweepers.

Lots of SCCA cars -- didn't see any bikes on Friday. Membership costs look pretty steep, but there's a place I saw on the web that sells single-day passes for bike track days at different skill levels. I'll try and find that site and post the link here later.

A guy I ride with said they're going to have a couple of bike schools offering road and track courses this Spring. I'll try and find out more about that too.

Last edited:
Back