• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need some help..... thanks

O

oggundakete

Hi to every one. I'm starting to plan a 17 day ride from Mexico City to Baja California driving north to San Diego and then turning east to Texas (Laredo), on eastern.

I would appreciate if someone can give me some advise how to ride from San Diego to Laredo, which places we might visit, etc.

I think we will be about 5 or 6 bikes, maybe more, we all are driving GS's... thanks to everyone again
Ricardo

Arizona: I10E is the fastest, easiest and most boring.

Alternate: Get a state map at the CA-AZ border and turn South at Tucson toward Nogales. Zig-zag East on state roads to Douglas. Take the dirt road that cuts across Coronado National Forest, then heads into Animas, NM from the South. You'll miss all the funny signs on the road into Animas, since they are all for Southbound travel. Coronado NF is famous among bird watchers. Gas in Douglas, none after that.

New Mexico:
I10E is the fastest, easiest and most boring.

Alternate 1-At Lordsburg, turn South to Animas, catch NM 9 and take into El Paso. Good road, little traffic, except Border Patrol and trucks that are bringing in border-fence supplies. Gas in Lordsburg, Animas, Hachita, Columbus, and El Paso.

Thanks

Thank you, Im looking to buy some maps, and a friend told me he had some too. I appreciate your information
Ricardo

Back