• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lectronics......Not.....

T

tronic5

I'm considering to buy the "Scala rider Q2 twin pack" Before spending $400, Does anyone own this communication device? Is wind noise an issue? what about
sound quality? Is wireless the way to go? what about GPS compatability?
Your opinions pls.

I have the Q2. But just for the rider. I can assure you that the quality of music and phone calls is superb. I don;t have a GPS with bluetooth. So, I cannot comment on that. But I have heard that it works very well with the Zumo 550.

FYI, music is not stereo since it is not A2DP compatible.

They work great with the Zumo 550 for the voice prompts. I have also used them bike to bike and they work good. You get about 8 hours out of a charge.

Recently tried making a cell phone call with mine to a fellow rider who was at home at the time. I stopped to dial the call (want to be safe and all) then started rolling and increased to 55 mph. He had no idea I was on the bike using Bluetooth, much less moving that fast. Over 55 I had issues hearing him due to helmet/wind noise (HJC Symax II), but he said it never sounded bad on his end. I am looking forward to using the second headset for my pillion rider to see how that goes, but she is a warm weather passenger, so it will be a couple months before I can see how we like it.

Back