• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

International MC Show-Novi

T

tsword1

Just went to the International Motorcycle show in Novi Michagan. Unless it was very small, I did not see one BMW display. The floor plan on the web sight said there was a BMW space...not there. BMWMOA had a booth. Anyone know whats up?

The show website was incorrect when it listed a booth for BMW. Your best opportunity for seeing the BMW display in this area will be in Cleveland at the IX Center (near the airport). It is scheduled for late January...check the website for specific date.... :)

There's a recession on in Michigan - no one can afford BMWs anymore. The Novi show DID have a fairly large Kymco exhibit though.... ;)

The show website was incorrect when it listed a booth for BMW. Your best opportunity for seeing the BMW display in this area will be in Cleveland at the IX Center (near the airport). It is scheduled for late January...check the website for specific date.... :)

I didn't think they would be in Cleveland either. Thought the only 2 remaining they were attending were Chicago and New York. I had heard only 4 shows, and 2 were in the west.

I think BMW is trying to cut costs, just like everyone else. I presume they'll be at the "big" city shows (NY and Chicago for example) to try and get more bang for the buck.

Too bad BMW is not attending the MC show. Last year at the Novi show, most of the BMW reps on the floor were from the local BMW dealerships. Being a no-show hurts the national brand AND the local dealers.

I spoke with some exhibitors whilst walking around and the general comment was that it was expected that crowds would be light and they were exactly right. BMW normally present themselves as a top-shelf company and I think that it would have been out of place at this show given the local economy and threats of even more layoffs in the market area don't help. A poor looking display for a bike that costs as much as a beemer would not help either I don't think. They were better off not showing.

The Ducati stand was by far the most imressive as far as decor goes personally speaking, and the others were kind of sparse but there at least. When Harley go grass roots on their displays you know the economy is troubled in a given area.

Back