Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I rode to work this morning

  1. #1
    Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Just north of Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,806

    I rode to work this morning

    Usually I ride to work every morning, but the bike has been snowed in since December 12th, the last day I was able to ride.

    Yesterday I spent five hours shoveling a block-long four-foot-wide path down my cul-de-sac to the cross street which DID get plowed. My body is killing me today for shoveling all that ice, slush and snow, but the fun of riding again made it all worthwhile.

    My next-door-neighbor, the county sheriff motor officer, is none too happy that I've eliminated his excuse for not being able to get to work for the past two weeks.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

  2. #2
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    between SanAntone & the Weird Place, TX
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerImpersonator View Post
    My next-door-neighbor, the county sheriff motor officer, is none too happy that I've eliminated his excuse for not being able to get to work for the past two weeks.
    How to keep your neighbor happy!!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

  3. #3
    2011 R1200RT ka5ysy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    How to keep your neighbor happy!!

    This is also a great opportunity to needle him about his ride... probably a HD

  4. #4
    Registered User texanrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    870

    Year Rounder

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerImpersonator View Post
    Yesterday I spent five hours shoveling a block-long four-foot-wide path down my cul-de-sac to the cross street which DID get plowed. My body is killing me today for shoveling all that ice, slush and snow, but the fun of riding again made it all worthwhile.
    ...proving that the moniker Houston-year-rounder doesn't hold the same meaning.
    Texan RT | Houston | IBA
    BMW R1200RT | HD Road Glide

  5. #5
    Rob Mayes
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,112
    I just arrived in Dallas, TX. 70 degrees and sunshine

    I am not looking forward to going home to Illinois next week.


  6. #6
    Registered User kgadley01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,535
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerImpersonator View Post
    Usually I ride to work every morning, but the bike has been snowed in since December 12th, the last day I was able to ride.

    Yesterday I spent five hours shoveling a block-long four-foot-wide path down my cul-de-sac to the cross street which DID get plowed. My body is killing me today for shoveling all that ice, slush and snow, but the fun of riding again made it all worthwhile.

    My next-door-neighbor, the county sheriff motor officer, is none too happy that I've eliminated his excuse for not being able to get to work for the past two weeks.
    I'm in the Deep South, and even I have heard of a Snowblower. Shoveling by hand could give you a Heart attack

  7. #7
    Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Just north of Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by ka5ysy View Post
    This is also a great opportunity to needle him about his ride... probably a HD
    Honda ST1300 cop bike
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

  8. #8
    Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Just north of Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by kgadley01 View Post
    I'm in the Deep South, and even I have heard of a Snowblower. Shoveling by hand could give you a Heart attack
    That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

    Besides, 20 inches of snow over a period of about 10 days happens once every 20 years here in the Seattle area. Usually we get a couple of inches that's washed away the next day by the next rain storm.

    My brother-in-law in Anchorage needs the snowblower. I'll stick to my grain shovel
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

  9. #9
    Registered User kgadley01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,535
    I think I used to live near you. ever hear of Bremington. I was in the Shipyard there for a year...

  10. #10
    Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Just north of Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by kgadley01 View Post
    I think I used to live near you. ever hear of Bremington. I was in the Shipyard there for a year...
    Sure - I've been through Bremerton a few times. I love the ferry ride through Rich Passage - beautiful trip!
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

  11. #11
    Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Just north of Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,806
    I'm loving the grime building up on my white bike. All that sand and de-icer has to go somewhere, I guess. I'm sure glad we don't use salt on our roads around here - I'd hate to bathe my bike in salty grime twice a day five days a week!
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •