• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No Chance this year for a New Years Day Ride in Southern Alberta

KenDittrick

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197
I've seen quite a few Alberta folks on this forum and welcome the new format that might make it easier to meet for rides/get togethers in the new year. I recall pulling my bikes out in January and February other years here in Calgary - but this year looks like a total bust. I have never seen so much snow and ice as this year. Two years ago I rode to the bike show in January as well. Oh well at least we have that to look forward to before we go totally stir crazy inside our houses instead of being out on the road.

The New Years day forecast is for -25 C as the low and only -15 C as the high temp. Deffinitely not rideable even if you could manage the snow. I guess we'll have to stay snug in our homes drinking libations by the fire instead. Or recovering from too much of the same on New Years Eve.

I just hope this cold and snow goes away for an early spring.

New Years Day Ride

It was so cold I actually wimped out on going to Anderwerks' Christmas party.

Happy New Year to you all.

And I don't even have to go to any party. :thumb

I didn't go to Anderwerks party either Rinty, I was being held captive in the Caribbean on a cruise ship. They made me drink rum cocktails and bask in the warm sun for hours, then stuffed me with rich food. We made our escape and returned home to this wonderful wintery weather for Christmas. So glad to be staying home for New Years eve and day. :laugh

Southern Alberta

I saw the picture of the cruise ship in your other post, and was really feeling sorry for you two!:)

But I've just returned from a week in Saskatchewan over Christmas, so now it's like being down south.

But I've just returned from a week in Saskatchewan over Christmas, so now it's like being down south.

You were only here for a week? It was almost balmy over Christmas! You should have been here 3 weeks earlier, when it was highs of -32C. That was when it was starting to get cold, but decided to warm up so the tourists could get their wallets open when they were here.:rolleyes

2 of us will likely be at the Lunatic Fringe rally in Cochrane- might we see you there?

Steve

New Years

Steve:

I agree, we got off easy, temperature wise.

Will try to make the Lunatic Fringe this summer.

Have a good New Year!

Anderwerks

It was so cold I actually wimped out on going to Anderwerks' Christmas party.

Happy New Year to you all.

And I don't even have to go to any party. :thumb

Stealing my own thread... looking to put on new rubber in the spring - would you recommend Anderwerks? I haven't settled into any permanent shop relationship yet but have heard good things. Also a lot closer to work (downtown) for me.

Stealing my own thread... looking to put on new rubber in the spring - would you recommend Anderwerks? I haven't settled into any permanent shop relationship yet but have heard good things. Also a lot closer to work (downtown) for me.

Anderwerks is a good shop, Dave has been quite helpful and fair to me over the years. I do most of my local business with him. Still, I find Blackfoot to be hard to beat for tire prices. They charge too much for installation now for me, so I do my own mounting and balancing. Basically its a case of volume, Blackfoot sells a lot of tires and thus can get better deals on them.

New Year's ride

Dave's shop has done my work for many years and the service has always been excellent.

I've bought all my tires there, and the extra I pay, I get back in free advice in spades. I'm not as smart as Ed.:)

Thanks for the advice guys. I only do basic maintenance - oil, obvious loose nuts and bolts for now anyway so really appreciate a shop where they will talk to you. I think I will go in and order tires soon. Blackfoot has enough of my money - and I want to keep other shop's business alive.

Back