• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

verticaly challanged womans pants

Looking for hot weather riding pants for my wife. Wears a size 6 jean, with maybe a 26 inch inseam. Any ideas from you gals. Full lenght leg zippers prefered.

Check out New Enough.com they have a section devoted to shorter inseams (speaking as one who has taken advantage of NE in the past!)

My wife (Mary), who is 4'11", had textile with zippers and found them hot. This past summer she traveled 11,000+ miles with well padded leather - jacket and pants. Some temps over 100 and she actually found them more comfortable than the textile. However, she also had a mesh jacket which added greater comfort to the upper torso in the big heat. (although I see the protection factor diminish significantly compared to the leather) She certainly had much more protection than previously. Got the outfit only slightly used for $200. Of course, if you have bottomless pockets then you can get some wonderful stuff but we are somewhat frugal-by-necessity so we think we did well. (and, BTW, that outfit looked HOT:thumb :hug ) - Bob

What She Wore: Basking In The Sun NY

f5856bce.jpg

Go look at
http://www.motoport.com/

I also have a very short inseam and none of the off the rack pants fit. Follow the instructions on how to measure and send it to them and they will make a pair of riding pants that fit. I have the Airmesh Kevlar pants and really like them.

I like the Motoport women's stuff. I also found the Joe Rocket men's pants are pretty well cut for women and were a better fit than the same model in a women's size. Keep in mind you need to add a couple of inches to the inseam for riding pants.

My wife wears size 4 jeans and has a 27" inseam. She tried several brands and any that fit her waist were way too long.

Then she tried the Olympia Airglide II. Size 6 Olympias fit her almost perfectly. These are mesh so they are comfortable in hot weather, but have a warm, waterproof liner for colder and/or wetter weather. She is very happy with them.
:thumb

Several good options here. Beth has Motoport Voyager pants that have been great but they are to warm for hot weather. Did'nt know they were still around. We'll talk to them when ready. The Olymipia gear is real good also. Thanks for the options.

Back