• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone in New England ride today?

xp8103

I was in Portsmouth NH over the weekend and followed my BIL on his Phoenix to his winter storage site a few miles from his place. It was nearly 60. The garage he is storing it in has 2 F800's owned by the garage owner who was comtemplating a ride. Anyone else take advantage of the weather?

Riding in CT

We couldn't resist the warm weather today either although we rode with caution given the wet pavement and abundant debris. Ambient air temp was averaging 58 but fell down to 41.9 in a few spots, felt like we road into a refrigerator. Hoping for some more moderate weather this winter.

Yep, Sunday and Monday..... I have a short commute to work so I try to keep it going all winter as long as the roads are dry (as in 'no ice'). Here's hoping to a mild winter; we deserve it! :thumb

"Today" being Sunday 12/28, the answer is yes. The official high was 60F, and it was about 52F at my house when I ventured out. I just ran a few errands and went by the gas station to top off the tank in anticipation of a long winter's nap from here. Probably did about 25-30 miles. I wasn't really into it, frankly. 52F is plenty warm for December, yeah, but the sky was steel gray and the humidity was so high that the whole world wore a sheen of condensation all day long. Combine that with the sand on the roads, and the salt spray from that wet sheen, it just wasn't the kind of day that beckons me.

Man, you flatlanders get all the breaks! It wasn't so cold up here (40's), but the salt! Yikes! It would be instant frozen caliphers.

Muriel

I'd certainly love to ride and would but I cannot get out of my ice covered driveway.
I got a thermostat for my electric jacket liner and want, need, have to try it out.
The reports don't give hope for that happening soon.

John

CT Riding

I didn't get a ride in on the 31st but I did on Christmas day, a good hour or so. Just about had the roads to myself.

I also didn't get to ride on the 1st. I think for the last 6 years I was able to get a New Years day ride in. :violin

The bike is torn down for lights etc.

I was in Portsmouth NH over the weekend and followed my BIL on his Phoenix to his winter storage site a few miles from his place. It was nearly 60. The garage he is storing it in has 2 F800's owned by the garage owner who was comtemplating a ride. Anyone else take advantage of the weather?

I got on the road for 2 hours this afternoon on the 'Strom. Temps were around 30F, so no big deal. Second time out with the new Gerbings G3 gloves, and fingers remained reasonably comfy. I'll put on the HippoHands for the next ride and turn the heat down.

Back