My wife gave me a JetBoil stove for Christmas (thanks, wife!). My on-line research revealed that many owners think it is relatively unstable. As many of you know, picnic tables at many rallies are made of unobtainium, so I started searching for a small table.
I became interested in GSI Outdoors tables. On-line pricing varied from $35-$45.
I went to Gander Mountain yesterday to get some JetBoil fuel cannisters, and found the Macro Table on sale for $19.97. I almost forgot to get the fuel cannisters!
It will be a while before this table gets some "real-world" use, but I wanted to post this now because of the bargain price. Here are some initial observations:
1. Initial set-up took me about three minutes, take-down about half that.
2. The table is relatively stable - on the kitchen floor.
3. The legs fold - there is no individual height adjustment for uneven ground.
4. The 20-pound weight limit looks like it's primary due to the joints for the leg extensions. Keep you elbows off this table!
5. Abrasion of the shock cords might be a problem over time.
A camp table may be a mini-luxury, but I ride solo and have the room. Now if I can just figure out how to use the JetBoil French press...