• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Does anyone have an opinion about

Its very nice, but at that price, I'll pass.

Besides, it is nothing more than a series of RAM items that I put together for a mere fraction of the price along with a much nicer custom mount solution for my particular model.

I've also added a Manfrotto Quick Release plate to my mount.

393426174_VBz3U-L.jpg

And then I can also customize it by adding other RAM items...

393426194_rn4CM-L.jpg

The threaded port in cameras is a standard 1/4" thread. I use a RAM ball with the 1/4" thread, threaded into the camera and a similar setup. It works just fine.

Just looks like something else to impale oneself on if the need arises.

So, are you taking pictures on the fly? I seem to have found my solution in my riding jackets upper right pocket...:dunno

It seems that is what some folks are doing. I am just looking to move my gps from its current location to a more easily visable place. I liked the looks of the Multipod and hoped maybe someone else here had one to tell me about it.

Multipod

I use it for my Zumo and it is mounted in one of the handlebar bolts on the left side. I can adjust it so the dash is visible and it is handy for re-routing on the fly.
Yes, more expensive than RAM options, but slick.....

2008 R1200RT

Thanks again for the input. I am familiar with the RAM ball setup. That is how my gps was mounted on my previous bike. Simple and effective, I have no complaints about it.

I saw the multipod online and liked the looks of it. I hoped others here might have some experience with it to share. If it had a distinct draw back or some other odd design flaw, I didn't want to spend the extra money on it. It looks slick and if it works ok, I think I will give it a try.

If it had a distinct draw back or some other odd design flaw, I didn't want to spend the extra money on it.

Just out of curiousity, what does it go for over here. On the Wunderlich site in Germany, it goes for a whopping Ôé¼89.95 which would put it at well over US$100 over here.

Back