• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Superstore - Bad Experience

I've had good luck with Motorcycle Superstore.
Best prices on tires and fast shipping.

Also had good luck with Revzilla. Best prices on boots and superfast shipping as well.

I've also had good luck with my local MC shops when I need personal service or just want to see a part or accessory up close. A big thumbs up to Jim at Cycle Clinic in Des Moines, Iowa and Adam at Alamo Cycle Plex in San Antonio, TX!

:usa

Usually go with SWMoto or Competition Accessories(Tire Express), however yesterday Moto Superstore had the best deal on a set of Tourances by $14 and also free shipping. UPS tracking has them on the way. First try with them on tires,but so far,so good.Comp Acc did not have any Tourances this time, they usually are right in line with SWMoto.

Usually go with SWMoto or Competition Accessories(Tire Express), however yesterday Moto Superstore had the best deal on a set of Tourances by $14 and also free shipping. UPS tracking has them on the way. First try with them on tires,but so far,so good.Comp Acc did not have any Tourances this time, they usually are right in line with SWMoto.

I just purshased a set Of Avon Storms from Motorcycle Pro Shop. They beat the above even paying shipping. The tires were even shipped in a box. I never had that before. tire build date 2908.

I have made several purchases at Competition Accessories and will make more.

In case anyone is interested.

Ralph Sims

Consistently best deal on tires is Soutwest Moto.

http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=SWMT

Free freight when you buy 2 tires. Listed price is usually 10-15% less, then throw in freight=good deal. Have been using them for almost 10 years. I check their prices every time out.

Once in a while they miss it, but not often.
T

NOT EVEN CLOSE for Lasertechs for K75S or K100s. Motorcycle Superstore is $9 less for the front and $8 less for the rear. If you only need one tire Southwest Moto charges an additional $14. Motorcycle Superstore will send one tire for FREE. That's $23 less for a front or $22 less for a rear. $17 less for a pair.

The Lasertechs have ALWAYS come within 3 days and had Mfr dates less than 3 months old. I've ordered 10 tires, three helmets, a battery tender, jumper cables, and a few other things from them. Probably 8 or 9 orders total with nothing but the best service. Even had to return one helmet and exchange another (fit issues) with nothing but the most courteous and cheerful service.

KLENNOP:

If any one believes that your phone experience is typical try calling them now or anytime toll free 1-877-668-6872.

You might want to think back about your expectation of perfection:

You ordered something 12 days before Christmas.

It is the busiest time of the year for any retail business.

Phone lines ARE going to be jammed during that time of year.

They had a huge sale going on plus the $50 gift cert. thing.

It was a CLEARANCE item.

It had to come from the mfr.

It stated on the web site: "USUALLY" leaves the warehouse in 3 days.

You didn't mention if the place you finally bought the leathers from gave you the same price AND the $50.

You are out nothing other than 20 min. on the phone and a few e-mails. And now to really show them, you now longer are going to use an excellent supplier.

I believe that you have to cut suppliers SOME slack during high business times.

I'd hate to see how upset you'd get if your favorite liquor store didn't have your favorite potatoe chips an hour before Super Bowl kick off.

Last edited:
I just ordered and received a jacket from Motorcycle Superstore. Very low price on a close-out item and free upgrade to 2nd day shipping.

Is there a store that no-one has had a problem with over the years? I doubt it.

Mailorder?

Superstore? What store? they are a website that dropships from distributors. It is not a great price if you never get it, is it?

They are at the mercy of their suppliers. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a production run of garments out of China?

Good luck. I think you might need to lower your expectations a notch or two or you will live life very unhappy.

Mailorder?

Superstore? What store? they are a website that dropships from distributors. It is not a great price if you never get it, is it?

They are at the mercy of their suppliers. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a production run of garments out of China?

Good luck. I think you might need to lower your expectations a notch or two or you will live life very unhappy.

If you're referring to Motorcycle Superstore, then your statement is simply not true.

From their FAQ page:
Q) Do you drop ship straight from the manufacturer?
A) No, all items that are not directly in-stock must be received at our warehouse before we can ship to you.

I've ordered a few things from them without any problems. When you add something to your cart on their website it will also tell you if it's in stock in their warehouse or not. Everything I've received from them came in a Motorcycle Superstore box along with a copy of their magazine.

I'm not trying to say that they are the best. There are plenty of other great websites that I have ordered from, plus all of the business I've done with my local dealer. I just didn't think it was fair to say that someone conducts business in a certain way when they do not.

Bad Experience

When it comes to dealing with businesses giving them slack is one thing. Not expecting too much out of them is another. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and exercising patience is commendable.
But the idea that we should settle for mediocrity is unacceptable. If a company isn't going out of their way to be the best company they can be. Then it is a mediocre company at best. I prefer a higher standard to throw my money at.

Got my tires delivered on Friday as promised from Superstore...3 days from order date...only prob was on my end as I was out riding when they came:D

I have ordered from them many times with zero problems. Even had to return an idem for a size change a week before leaving on a motorcycle trip and they bent over backwards to help me.

When it comes to dealing with businesses giving them slack is one thing. Not expecting too much out of them is another. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and exercising patience is commendable.
But the idea that we should settle for mediocrity is unacceptable. If a company isn't going out of their way to be the best company they can be. Then it is a mediocre company at best. I prefer a higher standard to throw my money at.

Once again, during the highest volume time of the year,and the biggest sale of the year, on a clearance item that was supposed to be in stock at the manufacturer, I don't think that KLENNOP was treated unfairly, discourteously or unprofessionally. Stuff happens.

From my experiences and it appears from everyone else that has responded, Motorcycle Superstore provides excellent service at a great price.

To bad mouth them for what appears to be unrealistic expectations and to suggest others do not shop there is only doing a disservice to the buying public. You may decide to not take advantage of their savings, but to do so thinking that you might be treated poorly, does not seem to be the case.

:dance :dance :dance

Once again, during the highest volume time of the year,and the biggest sale of the year, on a clearance item that was supposed to be in stock at the manufacturer, I don't think that KLENNOP was treated unfairly, discourteously or unprofessionally. Stuff happens.

From my experiences and it appears from everyone else that has responded, Motorcycle Superstore provides excellent service at a great price.

To bad mouth them for what appears to be unrealistic expectations and to suggest others do not shop there is only doing a disservice to the buying public. You may decide to not take advantage of their savings, but to do so thinking that you might be treated poorly, does not seem to be the case.

Believe it or not the highest volume time of the year and the biggest sale of the year come around every year. It is your prerogative to believe that stuff happens and Klennop was treated fairly, courteously and professionally. I also believe that they have provided you with excellent service at a great price. I would beg to differ with you on the statement that everyone else that has responded agrees with you. If you were to go back and read all the replies you might agree with me.
If you were to reread my reply you may notice that I never mentioned Motorcycle Superstore by name nor did I in any way 'Bad mouth' Any company or person. Neither did I suggest to any one not to shop there or anywhere else for that matter. Having yet to make a decision whether or not to take advantage of their savings, I would rather keep an open mind and decide that at the proper time.
Please take this into consideration my reply was the statement of a philosophy not a Slam. Thank You. I do hope this is able to explain my statement and I believe I am able to understand yours.

Arthur:

Sorry, I did not mean that YOU were slamming them. I was meaning KLENNOP.

The problem is that you seem to be taking his word that they are not a good business.

There were 11 other people who responded that had done business with Motorcycle Superstore and EVERYONE of them said that they got excellent service from them. Remember ChiTown changed his vote after MS bailed him out when he was in a pinch.

So I see that as 11 to 1 IN FAVOR OF MS, and the 1 had extenuating circumstances. I'll take those odds any day.

Arthur:

Sorry, I did not mean that YOU were slamming them. I was meaning KLENNOP.

The problem is that you seem to be taking his word that they are not a good business.

There were 11 other people who responded that had done business with Motorcycle Superstore and EVERYONE of them said that they got excellent service from them. Remember ChiTown changed his vote after MS bailed him out when he was in a pinch.

So I see that as 11 to 1 IN FAVOR OF MS, and the 1 had extenuating circumstances. I'll take those odds any day.

:dance :dance :dance[/QUOTE

Sorry about the misunderstanding. Please don't misunderstand when I say that I am not taking his word that they are not a good business any more than I would take your word that they are.
I wouldn't say that ChiTown changed his vote. But rather he had two votes. I also believe that KLENNOP also would have two votes if he had the same exact experience as ChiTown.
I choose excellence over mediocrity no matter what the business or the service.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to listen to me and the effort to reply to my postings. I believe that I am able to understand why you feel as you do and I have learned from your patience and understanding. And in the end I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you, Arthur Ride Safe!:)

:thumb

Now, let's go ride. It's a beautiful morning and I've got some tires and gas that I've got to burn up before the Super Bowl.:bikes

Only thing I get from this is that it started on 12/20... Five days before Christmas.
I can't even imagine all the hassles operators have to deal w/ because folks think they are the only one calling.
Not that I'm saying the OP is, but it does seem kinda trivial for such a blow back for multiple site/BB postings. I'm in agreement w/ the comment "Lower your expectations".

I'm in the sticks in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains and got my tires in two days.
No complaints here. Then again, I don't go to shopping malls or order items online that close to the Holiday Season.
Operators are not always standing by. :D

Motorcycle Superstore

Hello all,
Let us keep in mind this forum wasnÔÇÖt set up to bash or get even with suppliers we are unhappy with. I work for a company that when customerÔÇÖs donÔÇÖt get theyÔÇÖre way they threaten to get on the message boards and bash us.
Lets all remember we are BMW owners for a reasona touch more class.
Beemor2

Motorcycle Superstore

Have used them numerous times a few returns and exchanges no problems will use again.:thumb

Motorcycle Superstore

I've ordered lots of things from them over the past 4 years.....5 jackets, pants, accessories, tires. I've sent jackets back that haven't fit right, exchanged for other sizes or refunds, sent a jacket in for zipper repair (under warrantee). I've had nothing but the best service available and usually free shipping and no sales tax. Can't beat that.

As for phone service, I've called several times, no issues for me. Of course, I do live on the west coast, so the timing of my calls may not be such an issue. When I call shops on the east coast I gotta call at the crack of dawn because they are closed by the time I get off work....so that timing issue works both directions.

Sorry you had such a made experience. Just want others to know that is not the usual service I get from them.

Back